Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Its the MC14 as the FT to MFT adaptor creates the room behind the rear element for the converter

Time 4.19
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoPAfJQknAc

Some not all converters my Olympus MMF3 does not fit onto the MC14.

Edit
The one he shows on the video is a dumb Nikon to M4/3 converter which has lots of space it doesnt fit in my cheap chinese 4/3 to m4/3 adapter or extension tubes

Last edited:
Just asked on the MFT forum and got a reply in minutes with that lens and adaptor you can only use a EC-14 apparently .. I had read that elsewhere as well .

Tried out the 50-200 today with all focus points and CAF + tracking switched on . Although I got a few shots sharp in a couple of bursts I don’t think it works that well .
I will try again later in the week using just CAF and then see if there is any improvement with SAF ... the best shots were over a clean background today .i.e the sky but it mainly locked on to first picture then the rest were o.o.f .. all part of the learning curve ,get it right before good targets appear

25rougheditshare.jpg

A very roughly processed photo from Dartmoor. I buggered my hip shortly before coming, ended up on crutches and was worried that would limit photos, luckily there are a lot of little car parking areas by roadsides and you need to go basically no distance to get good pictures (as long as you can get driven to the parking area!) This was taken maybe 20m from the car.

Last edited:
Tried out the 50-200 today with all focus points and CAF + tracking switched on . Although I got a few shots sharp in a couple of bursts I don’t think it works that well .
I will try again later in the week using just CAF and then see if there is any improvement with SAF ... the best shots were over a clean background today .i.e the sky but it mainly locked on to first picture then the rest were o.o.f .. all part of the learning curve ,get it right before good targets appear

CAF + Tracking doesn't work that well in general in my experience.

For more consistent results I use CAF only + a few tweaks to the CAF sensitivity setting.

Really nice shot Jeff, is this the 50-200 f2.8-3.5 HD lens?
Yes it’s the four thirds 50-200SWM with a Olympus MM3 four thirds to MFT convertor .. really fast to focus and sharp as okkams razer .. not had it a week yet so still on a learning curve with it

CAF + Tracking doesn't work that well in general in my experience.

For more consistent results I use CAF only + a few tweaks to the CAF sensitivity setting.
Yeah fine , tweaks to CAF sens settings ... such as ???

I must say that I missed my old m43 gear days last weekend - lugging a d500, d600, 70-300, 35, 50, 16-80 and 24-120 around for 13 miles / 28000 steps on the Wales Rally was NOT enjoyable

Damn, didn't realise the size and weight of this lens, 50-200mm. One hefty piece of glass

It’s arrived then Pete , is it the swm (blue band) or the mk1 .. yeah built like a tank but does the job

@the black fox

Jeff. You earlier mentioned the 50-200 SWM was a f2.8lens.
I can only find reference to a lens f2.8-3.5
Am I looking for the wrong thing ?

@the black fox

Jeff. You earlier mentioned the 50-200 SWM was a f2.8lens.
I can only find reference to a lens f2.8-3.5
Am I looking for the wrong thing ?
I stand corrected it is indeed a SWD and yes F2.8-F3.5..... Been using on the rut again today pics later got over 400 to plough through

Last edited:
can't wait till I can afford the 1.4 tc Keith .

Could be a very nice combo indeed. I'm kinda jealous tbh, I eye that lens up when I was shooting M43 and really wanted it, but it would be no use on the G80 - manual focus sure, but having decent AF on a lens like this changes things up

Could be a very nice combo indeed. I'm kinda jealous tbh, I eye that lens up when I was shooting M43 and really wanted it, but it would be no use on the G80 - manual focus sure, but having decent AF on a lens like this changes things up
Do you want me to try it on the g.80 Keith .. just to check on a.f

just tried ,no go it judders

Last edited:
another nice stag from yesterday ,taking a break that is till a stupid middle aged woman saw us taking photos and literally ran at it to get a closer look .. the mind totally boggles sometimes
taking a breather by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

I actually hate this camera , yesterday I took 421 shots of which once uploaded I deleted 129 , some were accidentally touching the shutter shots , a few were duplicates , about 20 were OOF ones .. that leaves me with 272 good shots most reasonably sharp and well exposed ... never ever yet had keeper rate like this ,spending more time on the i.mac than I want :olympus::olympus::olympus::olympus::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I actually hate this camera , yesterday I took 421 shots of which once uploaded I deleted 129 , some were accidentally touching the shutter shots , a few were duplicates , about 20 were OOF ones .. that leaves me with 272 good shots most reasonably sharp and well exposed ... never ever yet had keeper rate like this ,spending more time on the i.mac than I want :olympus::olympus::olympus::olympus::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Sorry to hear this, sounds frustrating. What are you shooting with this kind of hit rate, and what are your settings? The reason I ask is that my hit rate with the EM1-II is pretty much on par with any other camera I’ve used, possibly a smidge below the D850 in certain situations.

Sorry to hear this, sounds frustrating. What are you shooting with this kind of hit rate, and what are your settings? The reason I ask is that my hit rate with the EM1-II is pretty much on par with any other camera I’ve used, possibly a smidge below the D850 in certain situations.
I don't think he's actually complaining or hates the camera :D

Back