Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Ohh....bet he wrecks your lawn. Couldn't kill them though.

A rare shot I would I say

Well been working from home since last Tuesday (luckily I have a home office setup), and whilst I am working (honestly), I have my camera along side me, and during a break yesterday, decided to try out the pro-capture mode on the EM1 MK III. To be honest, I've never used it on any of my Olympus bodies. Set to Pro-Capture Low (18 fps), and shot on the 300mm F4 Pro at a roof top across the way (so these are pretty big crops). I then just needed to wait for a suitable model.

Along came this magpie and whilst the images won't win any awards etc. it did surprise me how easy pro-capture makes shots like these. I had plenty of frames to choose from (these are 3 consecutive). God only knows what Pro-Capture High (60fps) achieves ?

Last edited:
Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II with 12-100mm PRO Lens is £1799 at Park Cameras.
Is that a good deal do you think?

According to Camerapricebuster its the best UK price.
The e-infinity price, bought separately, is £1501

I love this. It reminds me of a flamenco dancer [emoji846]
Shame it wasn't a different bird, could have been a flamingo dancer :coat:

Shame it wasn't a different bird, could have been a flamingo dancer :coat:
:LOL:

I had to look, and managed to find one of those from last November.

Taken with the 300mm + 1.4 extender in pretty rubbish light

... actually on this trip, when we first saw them, we were playing Bob Marley in the car and I videoed them through the window as they danced to disturb their food in the mud. When I got home I realised it did look like they were dancing to the music!

20191029-BC292384-Edit-2-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
:LOL:

I had to look, and managed to find one of those from last November.

Taken with the 300mm + 1.4 extender in pretty rubbish light

... actually on this trip, when we first saw them, we were playing Bob Marley in the car and I videoed them through the window as they danced to disturb their food in the mud. When I got home I realised it did look like they were dancing to the music!

View attachment 273130
:cool:

goldfinch through the DG window

Peak District Red Grouse (before the lockdown)

49705080038_464739e02a_z.jpg
1585382556543.gif
Grouse by Chris Gash, on Flickr

A little while ago I reported my frustration at the fact that you cannot save E-M5 iii menu settings in Olympus Workspace and that the firmware updates will delete settings. As a consequence I've put off this rather tedious task for some time but seeing as I now find myself with a lot of time and not much else to do....

But I have a problem. I have two E-M5 iii and neither seem to want to connect to my computer. I plug the USB into the camera and laptop. I switch it on and get the choice of selecting storage, MTP, PCM recorder or exit. I understand I need to select storage, though the behaviour is the same on all of them . Whatever I press, I just get a screen that says 'one moment' and it never goes away.

So far I have this issue on three different USB cables, one PC laptop and two macs and on both E-M5 iii's.

What on earth am I doing wrong here?!!

Right. Just in case this benefits anyone else, I have a solution....

You have to use an Olympus USB cable. A regular one doesn't work. That took some figuring out!

Was the one you were using a USB3 usb-c cable?

Nope. Just a regular micro-usb cable. Same as the olympus one. But I notice the olympus supplied one does have two ferrite cores on the cable where as most cables have nothing.

Nope. Just a regular micro-usb cable. Same as the olympus one. But I notice the olympus supplied one does have two ferrite cores on the cable where as most cables have nothing.
Yes sorry, forget it's micro USB. I found a few Olympus cameras that are picky about the quality of USB cables.

Here is a time lapse video from home taken yesterday when I wanted to be out to shoot sunset

This is straight of the camera taken with the E-M5ii and 40-150 f2.8 and the MC-14

View: https://youtu.be/s-WP-GLiIfY

Last edited:
Back