Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Well I'm enjoying using the EM1x alongside my Canon gear.
So I thought I would post a couple of images
Taken with it

Attachments

• PSX_20210106_174917.jpg
    PSX_20210106_174917.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 31
  • PSX_20210106_174844.jpg
    PSX_20210106_174844.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 36
  • PSX_20210106_174753.jpg
    PSX_20210106_174753.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 34
  • PSX_20210106_174651.jpg
    PSX_20210106_174651.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 33
Must admit for me the new bird Ai tracking worked well on birds in flight 90 plus % sharp it's getting your head around how it works and why it fails. That said I get the same hit rate % wise with the 1 Dx in servo mode and 1 AF point. A few more
They aren't great images by any stretch of the imagination the bird I followed was sharp and the eye focus worked for me even with 2 birds in the frame even when the Bird was flying away.
Should just add the light was crap on the day as well

Attachments

• PSX_20210106_182920.jpg
    PSX_20210106_182920.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 34
  • PSX_20210106_183001.jpg
    PSX_20210106_183001.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 34
  • PSX_20210106_183101.jpg
    PSX_20210106_183101.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 33
  • PSX_20210106_182844.jpg
    PSX_20210106_182844.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 33
  • PSX_20210106_182756.jpg
    PSX_20210106_182756.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Strange - why are e-infinity and HDEW no longer listing the EM1 X?
They don’t show ‘awaiting stock‘ or similar - just no mention at all?

I think there has been a change of distributors in the Far East , they might not be able to access through normal supply channels

Just had an email from Olympus UK advising me that “ my summer bonus 18, TouchandTry experience rental has been successfully approved”.

great, thanks.

it’s January 2021. No good telling me now

Just had an email from Olympus UK advising me that “ my summer bonus 18, TouchandTry experience rental has been successfully approved”.

great, thanks.

Just had similiar

I've just had an Olympus e-mail stating.
Your rental has been confirmed successfully.
We are happy to have you with us and ready to give you our best service. We want you to be able to simply enjoy photographing!

I haven't asked for a rental. Scam I reckon or their e-mail system has gone tits up?
So I deleted it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

great, thanks.

Just had similiar
I got excited ( then worried I’d done something whilst under the influence )

Me 3 !

But I have never booked such a rental, so no idea what the heck this email is about.

Having said that I have been waiting on confirmation of when I will be getting my replacement for the faulty M1X I received......and thought is this email in some odd way related to that going on??? But apparently not :thinking:

I think someone has been notified of an issue with the My Olympus portal.....I just refreshed it and it is behaving like it has been taken offline???

Strange - why are e-infinity and HDEW no longer listing the EM1 X?
They don’t show ‘awaiting stock‘ or similar - just no mention at all?

.... I don't know about e-infinity but I have bought many times from HDEW and know them well, and them me! They don't actually hold stock but order from various channels on your behalf and goods only appear on their website when the goods are available through their channels. So what appears, disappears and reappears on their website is only a reflection of what is available at the time and it fluctuates. They are very helpful and friendly and can take an order from you with no payment or deposit being needed and they will let you know when it becomes available. I do all my orders and enquiries with HDEW by phone.

Me to ,send me that M1X to test out

The My Olympus portal seems to be back online.....................though no 'sorry about the email....' yet' (?)

I’ve never seen the EM1x for sale at Hdew, perhaps it has been and I’ve missed it. I don’t know why I even visit the website - I have too much gear [emoji23]

.... I bought both my E-M1X bodies from HDEW several months apart. I house-bricked one when updating the Firmware and they replaced it no questions asked and within 7 days.

I am sure you already know this :

All The Gear I Need.jpg

Me to ,send me that M1X to test out

.... Jeff, if we weren't under lockdown and we lived closer to each other I would meet up and let you have a go with my second body.

EM1X

£1649 at Jessops. No stock though.

.... I bought both my E-M1X bodies from HDEW several months apart. I house-bricked one when updating the Firmware and they replaced it no questions asked and within 7 days.

I am sure you already know this :

View attachment 304581

.... Jeff, if we weren't under lockdown and we lived closer to each other I would meet up and let you have a go with my second body.

cheers robin , just been for a trip to the tip hardly any traffic on the roads .. most then seem to be complying up here

Last edited:
Really good shot robin

.... Thanks Jeff! A result of my KitchenWindow Hide looking onto the absolute mess of my wildlife garden.

KitchenWindow Hide_0955.jpg

And here is the next shot :

Jackdaws_M1X58844.jpg

I like that comp.(y) Kind of social distancing or just not talking to each other. :)

.... Thanks Jeff, you have just inspired my title for this shot on Flickr (and elsewhere). Cheers!

But which do you reckon is the male and which the female? The one on the right was there first. They tend to renew their pairing at this time of year in readiness for Spring and breeding.

.... Regarding AF, this is in line with separate Olympus claims that this new lens can focus "25% faster than the ED 300mm Pro" which I read a few weeks ago.

@Box Brownie, you're not doing a very good job of advising me to be Captain Sensible and not buy this lens. :ROFLMAO:

Everytime I shoot on my ED 100-400mm+1.4x, which is every day (over 500 images yesterday and about 30 today) I imagine what the 150-400mm+1.25x would be offering me as an advantage by comparison. I am still enjoying my 100-400mm though.

No camera or lens is perfect but you really have to admire Olympus for their efforts to innovate. It's in their genes and history and I don't see that changing adversely in the new ownership structure.

:olympus:

.... Regarding AF, this is in line with separate Olympus claims that this new lens can focus "25% faster than the ED 300mm Pro" which I read a few weeks ago.

@Box Brownie, you're not doing a very good job of advising me to be Captain Sensible and not buy this lens. :ROFLMAO:

Everytime I shoot on my ED 100-400mm+1.4x, which is every day (over 500 images yesterday and about 30 today) I imagine what the 150-400mm+1.25x would be offering me as an advantage by comparison. I am still enjoying my 100-400mm though.

No camera or lens is perfect but you really have to admire Olympus for their efforts to innovate. It's in their genes and history and I don't see that changing adversely in the new ownership structure.

:olympus:

Moi ? :angelic::wave::ROFLMAO:

.... How do I get a translation please? I'm on a Mac.
Have you got an Android phone?

If so the Chrome browser has Google translate available ~ click the 3dots to get the menu list and translate is there.... HTH?

Have you got an Android phone?

If so the Chrome browser has Google translate available ~ click the 3dots to get the menu list and translate is there.... HTH?

.... Thanks but I only have Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, MacBook Pro, Mac mini all loaded with Safari browser. But I'll check out an Apple forum for help.

Back