Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Olympus 'Bird AI' was not used for these shots - I generally find it very unreliable as most of my bird shots are amongst trees and bushes etc and so I have given up selecting it.

Neither was 'Pro Capture' used - I haven't used it yet and prefer photos of birds landing rather than taking off.

This first shot of the resident Wren in my wildlife garden wasn't a take-off but was to very boldly ward off a cat - I quickly 'assisted'! The Wren remained and posed for more photos.

WREN SHOWING OFF SPLENDID PLUMAGE by Robin Procter, on Flickr

A WREN ON THE BOWSPRIT OF THE 'TROGLODYTES' by Robin Procter, on Flickr

More info on Flickr.

Last edited:
Love the first one robin

Two excellent images Robin, number1 is superb and timed to perfection. More challenging than capturing the surfers;)

I think SRS have them as well

Olympus 'Bird AI' was not used for these shots - I generally find it very unreliable as most of my bird shots are amongst trees and bushes etc and so I have given up selecting it.

Neither was 'Pro Capture' used - I haven't used it yet and prefer photos of birds landing rather than taking off.

This first shot of the resident Wren in my wildlife garden wasn't a take-off but was to very boldly ward off a cat - I quickly 'assisted'! The Wren remained and posed for more photos.

WREN SHOWING OFF SPLENDID PLUMAGE by Robin Procter, on Flickr

A WREN ON THE BOWSPRIT OF THE 'TROGLODYTES' by Robin Procter, on Flickr

More info on Flickr.
The wren in your second shot has real serious attitude !!

.... One of my nest boxes has residents again too and in spite of a Woodpecker smash-n-grab last year which I didn't witness.

BLUE TIT NEST BOX #1 by Robin Procter, on Flickr

Yes we had that problem a few years ago too. Not sure if it was a woodpecker, but we do get them in the garden.

We had a webcam in the box and were dismayed when we saw flies buzzing, no parents and apparently dead chicks. We spotted a slight movement and ended up rescuing two of the chicks. After a few weeks at the rescue centre, they fledged [emoji4]

We have two boxes occupied this year [emoji4]

Yes we had that problem a few years ago too. Not sure if it was a woodpecker, but we do get them in the garden.

We had a webcam in the box and were dismayed when we saw flies buzzing, no parents and apparently dead chicks. We spotted a slight movement and ended up rescuing two of the chicks. After a few weeks at the rescue centre, they fledged [emoji4]

We have two boxes occupied this year [emoji4]

.... Looks like the work of a Woodpecker on this one and there is a Great Spotted in my 'BackYard' wilderness. This nestbox is about 17ft off the ground. The other 2 nestboxes aren't occupied yet but one of them usually has Great Tits.

A heron. I was out with the Pen-F and popped the 75mm on as there were herons about. A lucky hit as I wasn't ready for it and had the focus settings all wrong.

Mar 27 2021 P3270003 1.jpg

Quick question - anyone able to say what distance the OMD1 Mark 2 wifi will work, so if i set the camera up, start the wifi, how far away can I be with an iPhone to control it?

Quick question - anyone able to say what distance the OMD1 Mark 2 wifi will work, so if i set the camera up, start the wifi, how far away can I be with an iPhone to control it?
Not an iPhone but I have managed 5m for sure but I recall being a lot further more like 10m.

Has anyone got a 37mm CPL they’re looking to dispose of ? If so, I’ll pop a wanted ad up

Not an iPhone but I have managed 5m for sure but I recall being a lot further more like 10m.
OK, I can update. About 20m max. Things slow down, so it’s not as useful as I thought it might be. Oh, and the camera went to sleep reasonably quickly when I was out of range. I need to look at settings.

Edited with one I got. No woodpecker, and on a feeder rather than a stick, but a good start...

Mar 28 2021 P3280034.jpg

Last edited:
Back