Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

Waits for the "no my huge old skool Nikon is fine" comment

lol, I was going to compare the M10 to the M1 EVF, but the only thing I saw in the M10's EVF was battery low - which looked crisp :)

I've a battery charging so hopefully if I remember later I'll compare.

No worries John. I'm not convinced it's the right thing to do - there's nothing wrong at all with my 10, the tracking could be better as could the EVF but I'm nitpicking.

Of course, if I take it drag racing and it misses everything...well, that's different :D

Thanks, think I may have overcooked the sharpening (forgot to untick sharpen on export).

It is a lovely lens :)

Decided to simplify my kit, traded in:

12mm Samyang, 17mm Oly, 45mm Oly, 75mm Oly (this hurt) and 40-150mm (the cheap model)

Got these three (not a straight swap as you'd expect!)

12-40mm Pro, 40-150mm Pro w/TC and 17.5mm f0.95 Voigtlander

I've already got two E-M1 bodies so I should be set for much less lens swapping and hence more opportunity and less time annoying the family with my constant pit stops when out walking.

12mm Samyang, 17mm Oly, 45mm Oly, 75mm Oly (this hurt) and 40-150mm (the cheap model)

I've already got two E-M1 bodies so I should be set for much less lens swapping and hence more opportunity and less time annoying the family with my constant pit stops when out walking.
We're did you trade and what prices did you get please.

We're did you trade and what prices did you get please.

I live in New Zealand so the shop and prices probably aren't too much help but I put in a good chunk of extra cash (I daren't post the full amount in case the wife sees this!)

Has the EM5 mkII come down in price yet? I want one. But can wait for an offer.
I have one of these to get my price down :banana: yet i've just not got the cash sorted out yet for getting mine yet :(
Ended up with loads paying out this week and Mothersday for my mum and the Mrs so another delay for me buying.. Hopefully in next 2 week i'll be there with the cash at the ready !

2015-02-23%2001.26.42_zpsrsikkg9d.jpg

Nice!

Okay, time for a few pics - all from the Panny 100-300 + M1 (with firmware 3 obviously ;)) - I've done them in my favourite order.

I commented to my wife a little while ago that I'm not sure I could have got these with my 5D3 and 400mm! In truth thats because this body just works better for me but you really should see the before pic on the cormorant, I never could have got away with that sort of crop before I'm sure of it.

Blue Tit
by magsnorton, on Flickr

Swan landing
by magsnorton, on Flickr

Hungry Robin
by magsnorton, on Flickr
(BTW this guy didn't even eat a nut!)

Cormorant in flight
by magsnorton, on Flickr

Okay, time for a few pics - all from the Panny 100-300 + M1 (with firmware 3 obviously ;)) - I've done them in my favourite order.

I commented to my wife a little while ago that I'm not sure I could have got these with my 5D3 and 400mm! In truth thats because this body just works better for me but you really should see the before pic on the cormorant, I never could have got away with that sort of crop before I'm sure of it.

Blue Tit
by magsnorton, on Flickr

Swan landing
by magsnorton, on Flickr

Hungry Robin
by magsnorton, on Flickr

Cormorant in flight
by magsnorton, on Flickr

They are great John, that Cormorant is fantastic!

The cropability of all the M4/3 lenses is fab - even the cheapy 40-150 takes it well.

Is the 100-300 better than the 75-300ii ? It's quicker but is it sharper ? The oly isn't so good at 300mm

Thanks Ned - and yes it really surprised me just how much I can crop.

Damian, I had the 75-300 and wasn't all that impressed, nothing specific, just the colour contrast if anything = either way it went back and I later got the 100-300 and have loved it - I just use IBIS though and its served me well, but then I usually shoot 1000/s +

Just for fun - heres the before :)

CormBefore.jpg

Blue Tit
by magsnorton, on Flickr

Swan landing
by magsnorton, on Flickr

Hungry Robin
by magsnorton, on Flickr

Cormorant in flight
by magsnorton, on Flickr

Stunning shots John, excellent all of them.

Thanks guys

E-m1 arrived. Cannot get it to AF in any mode except iauto so I'm doing something wrong. Heeelllp !

indeed. But, IMO, it should just work but it doesn't ( was set up for manual focus initially )....

It must have something turn on/off

Was this secondhand or an ex display model?

its came from here, Alf - just over 3 months old. After a lot of delving, I think I've got it set up as my e-m10 was

i'm staying well clear of them for now. I'm already wondering if its for me...quite a size difference from the e-m10

time will tell

You'll get used to it - for me it feels odd going to the M10 now.

As to menus the main thing you need to do is pop in disable all the other info options and get the super control panel working.

SCP up and running already. Had a quick go at lunchtime - feels better " balanced" even with the p20 on, more natural to hold if you will

Back