Olympus OM-D E-M5, E-M1, E-M10 - Mk1, Mk2 & Mk3 Owners Thread

SCP up and running already. Had a quick go at lunchtime - feels better " balanced" even with the p20 on, more natural to hold if you will

I like the E-M1 and use it with and without the grip. Have you reset the copyright info?

Feeling a little lonely with my Em5 now.

Hehe.

I also like the E-M5 especially with the 14-42 EZ

I have no idea how to do that Alf

It's on the menu =-O

I have no idea how to do that Alf

Here is the manual
http://www.olympus.co.uk/site/rmt/media/consumer/pim/_manuals_aw2014_/E-M1_MANUAL_V20_EN.pdf

and look at this http://www.olympus.co.uk/site/rmt/m...date_guides/E-M1_Firmware_20_userguide_EN.pdf

See page 99 it is under Cog H

E-M10 should be able to do this too as the E--M5 does

Update it to Firmware 3.0 if it has not been done yet.

Look Here

http://www.olympus.co.uk/site/en/c/cameras_support/help/firmware_updates/index.html

Last edited:
As I understand it Amazon is Amazon.

What's the warranty situation with buying stuff from European Amazon?

Olympus has an official EU wide warranty, so you can buy from any of the 5 amazon sites and qualify for it. In fact, as far as I understand, we now ONLY get their warranty if we buy from within the EU, as they dropped their one-year world-wide warranty not too long ago. I think they were trying to combat grey imports from Asia and the US.

What's the warranty situation with buying stuff from European Amazon?
I deal with Amazon Germany a lot, and write to them in English. They always reply or telephone in English. So it's easy to deal with them. If only they were more competent in international accounts.

Good old Amazon Germany to the rescue :) (link)

How good/reliable/safe are these? surely it will invalidate any warranty with olympus if they do go wrong! Seems crazy to spend £1600 on a camera setup (OM-D E-M1) to put cheap batteries in your prize possession with the possibility causing untold damage. I have heard some horror stories regarding 3rd party batteries.

Just because it's "Amazon" doesn't mean that they are not selling dodgy gear.
Last year I bought a Plantronics Bluetooth headset via amazon £60+ only to find out via Plantronics that it was fake. Amazon were aware according to plantronics, but were still selling them. Needless to say I was refunded my money back

To each their own.
Expro are a well trusted brand.

I've used ExPro in various cameras with no problems, The one i bought most recently for my X100S seems to be outlasting the genuine Fujifilm battery :)

To each their own.
Expro are a well trusted brand.

Don't get me wrong I'm not condemning anybody for using these, just concerned about any possible warranty issues:) after all I've only just bought it He He ...........of course you could all just tell me to shut up:LOL: got to admit though £12.17 does sound pretty good as apposed to £60.00+:D

Shut up ;)

Anybody used the wifi to control/down load images to an Ipad/Iphone?.............Just loaded some shots off the weekend and WOW! super fast and super easy. Beats messing around with card readers or cables

I did on the 10, really impressive stuff. I've not played on the 1 yet.

I must try the tethering too

The early ExPro batteries needed a dedicated charger for the E-M5, but the later ones can be charged using the standard Oly charger. Just a caution for anyone buying used ExPros.

Just been into Jessops today and managed to fondle ......ah..hm I mean handle the 40 - 150mm f2.8 and My Oh My what a beautiful piece of glass. It really feels exceptionally well built, fast focus. I was really surprised at how light it actually was. The only problem that I have just now is.....................Want One:LOL:

Haha...
Note to self, keep away from jessops :-D

Do you know the feeling that you get when you do something that a few moments later you you think "DID I JUST DO THAT" The horror yet at the same time the excitement......................Well I was just looking mind you at WEX. and just browsing as you do and to my total disbelief 10% promotional code off the 40-150 and 1.4TC appeared..............WELL!! what the hell was I supposed to do:LOL: so at that point must have blacked out or something cos next thing I know there is an email confirming that my lovely new lens is on it's way:olympus::woot:

lol, like that wasn't going to happen anyway - that'll keep the itch at bay (well until the next itch ;))

For any fellow Em5 owners (were a dying breed on here..lol )
I just fitted the ep14 eye cup (em10 one)
and it's really solid. No worries of it falling off.
It's also cheaper than the ep10(Em5 one)

It's a relief as the eye cup had previously come off twice when pulling the camera out my coat pocket.

So, good job I have more than one battery. I think the first lasted 300 shots today which isn't far off of what they say. Just going through them to see what poop I managed :D

So, good job I have more than one battery. I think the first lasted 300 shots today which isn't far off of what they say. Just going through them to see what poop I managed :D
what batteries are you using?
Just bought 2 Ex Pro off amazon, seen as you guys rate them so highly.:) cant afford olympus.

what batteries are you using?
Just bought 2 Ex Pro off amazon, seen as you guys rate them so highly.:) cant afford olympus.
I have 4 Ex Pro. I keep my olympus one in the body and just top up the battery grip each time with an ex pro. No problems and use the same charger.

Back