Olympus trip film shots - street candids

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
A few shots from the Olympus Trip with Kentmere 100 film in it. Not that happy with the sharpness, but I guess that is the challenge of zone focussing! Not that happy about the scanning either - that was the Photo Shop Online.

(I also posted this in the film section but I guess more people see it here).

7609066086_f03d30a6b0_b.jpg

7609066840_14ced4f6b9_b.jpg

7609067520_b43fdb3f6c_b.jpg

7609068202_cec814d813_b.jpg

7609068892_ab5217e045_b.jpg

Picture 2 is my favorite.

I can see what you mean about sharpness, the figure bottom right should be the point of focus I think, I would also crop the left half of the picture out and turn the image into portrait view - but thats just my take.

Well done on having the courage to be out and about taking candids, it can be quite nerve racking at times.

Guess you would have to check the negs to see if they are sharp. I have an Olympus 35 RC, a cousin of the Trip... lens is very sharp. Scan mine on an Epson V700.

I would also crop the left half of the picture out and turn the image into portrait view - but thats just my take.

I agree with that as well. 2, 3 and the last one are my favourites, as they are the least cluttered. 2 would probably be fine left alone if that lady wasn't right in the middle of the frame.

Hang on a min - I just realized I recognize this place - town square in Shrewsbury right? I live about 6 miles outside of of town.

Yep! I used to have an office the town and prowled around with a camera pretty often. I know work from home (about 12 miles north), but still head in fairly regularly.

Back