OMG even more Silverstone Classic

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
Well I think I may have been well and truly put to shame by the rest of the community... Excellent stuff from everyone especially Matty, Stevie, Paul & Richard, time to sit down and rethink my life :LOL:

Here's a few of my efforts, C&C welcome... even on the processing ;)

1. A scene straight out of the history books
Silverstone Classic 2016 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. Back into hibernation

3. The battle with the ISO is real

4. Using a wide angle lens is a bit new to me :confused:

5. The car parks were better than usual

6. #Instagram

7. A local tog, shooting a local car, at a local track.. as it retired :confused:

8. Barn find

Thanks for looking...

P.S ...I've had a few questions recently about my processing workflow in Camera Raw and doing the odd bit of faking in Photoshop, so I put a draft guide together that I'd really appreciate your thoughts on if you have time to go through it
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/my-guide-to-processing-faking-motorsport-shots.632239/
Cheers again

Nice set Jonny, not sure the vignette works on 5, it may work better as a high contrast black and white.

@Graphix501 stop digging for compliments :p In all honsety though you have a great set of images here. The first is my fave.

Haha I actually wasn't :D I think I get to this point every season where i feel a bit creatively drained :D Thanks for the feedback as always :D

Nice set, pick for me is number 8

Cheers Paul, glad my static shots are getting better :D

Saw these on flickr - lovely stuff.

3 is the most immediate standout for me, but 2 is great too I think.....garage shots can be cool.

Cheers Brian. really appreciate it... looking forward to seeing some more of yours, you've really turned on the style recently (the few on flickr look great, especially the driver portrait)!

They're all stunners! But for me #2 & #8 are the best. The juxtaposition of the fast machines in the quiet dark garage works really well. You can almost hear the famous BBC voice commentating echoing in the emptiness of the room.

nice set 3 5 and 6 for me but ifi was to pick one it would be 3

They're all stunners! But for me #2 & #8 are the best. The juxtaposition of the fast machines in the quiet dark garage works really well. You can almost hear the famous BBC voice commentating echoing in the emptiness of the room.

Haha Cheers, I enjoyed wondering around the garages at the end of the day when everyone else had moved off, it provided somthing a bit different from my normal stuff. Glad you like them :)

nice set 3 5 and 6 for me but ifi was to pick one it would be 3

Cheers mate, those group Cs are easy on the eyes... would have been nice to see a few more running

Wow what a great set of photos. Your title for the thread made me hesitate looking but glad I did. All ACE!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks very much, I'm not such a good title writer - thanks again for such positive comments :)

That first shot is right up my street. Lovely work! Your IG process works well on the old cars too.
I really like 4, but I'd have loved it if you'd moved around to your left a little more to lose the people in the far left.

A very nice set of images, hard to pick between them but 3 edges it for me, spot on!

That first shot is right up my street. Lovely work! Your IG process works well on the old cars too.
I really like 4, but I'd have loved it if you'd moved around to your left a little more to lose the people in the far left.

Thanks Matty, still experimenting with splittoning in Photoshop - it's not easy to get a decent looking result :confused: The results with the wide were a bit hit and miss, have to get used to getting right up close and pay attention to the whole viewfinder not just the middle as I tend to do with telephoto stuff (bad practice I know)

A very nice set of images, hard to pick between them but 3 edges it for me, spot on!

Thanks Ash, glad you like it

Back