OMG where did that come from.

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
I decided to take the Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM for a test run to our local airfield at Sandtoft to see what its like for panning, we hadn't even got out of the car and we heard something we have never heard at Sandtoft before, so we both jumped out and caught a couple of very quick grab shots, camera was completely wrong settings but the lens played a massive part in getting me at least one shot I am happy with as it was only a grab shot............C130 coming out of nowhere.

DSC_2417_zpsvq03sgk0.jpg

Thats a pretty good grab shot!

Thats a pretty good grab shot!

Thanks Wontolla, I was sure I wouldn't get it as it was on top of us before we got out of the car really, very impressed with this new lens........not happy with the dust bunny, looks like the Arctic butterfly is having a new battery put in.

That is very good Pete, seen many planned efforts nowhere near that decent, guess the new lens has passed with flying colours.

Is that the same place as the Trolleybus museum? If so, its on my list of places to visit, but it's not very accessible by public transport

That is very good Pete, seen many planned efforts nowhere near that decent, guess the new lens has passed with flying colours.

Is that the same place as the Trolleybus museum? If so, its on my list of places to visit, but it's not very accessible by public transport

Yes Rich, not the place you would expect a flyby by a C130 from Brize, where abouts are you maybe I could pick you up one afternoon if you fancy a visit.

Yes Rich, not the place you would expect a flyby by a C130 from Brize, where abouts are you maybe I could pick you up one afternoon if you fancy a visit.

That's a very kind offer thank you Pete, I'm in Cambridgeshire (St Ives) and nearest I can get Is probably Doncaster unless there are any nearer local stations. Didn't seem to be any buses from Donny and guessing it's a fair way by taxi, can get a big pricey just for a day out.

Met a couple of other forum people earlier this week in the Peak District, public transport is usually quite good
Four trains, but didn't take that long and had a very pleasant day wandering around, this place is one of few that is proving a bit more troublesome

I have just got back from Jersey, on Thursday morning I was sitiing in the hotel window and a pair of USAF C130's started doing circuits across the airport and around the island, at least eight passes in total.
I managed to get off a few shoots with a 150mm but nothing great.

We regularly get these doing training approaches at Humberside Airport. that's probably where the OP saw it travelling to of from.

Back