Ommmm

Please can Mrs Nod borrow that for her facebook page - she's a yoga teacher so it's very appropriate!

I bet it's not as sunny now (well, during daylight hours!)

Clever title, Jon! :)

Lemurs are crazy and charming at the same time!

Given the bright sunshine, I was wondering why the
shot is so dark but it is only a DRL tweak… :cool:

Ommmm.jpg

Clever title, Jon! :)

Lemurs are crazy and charming at the same time!

Given the bright sunshine, I was wondering why the
shot is so dark but it is only a DRL tweak… :cool:

Ommmm.jpg

You're right it does look dark as I view it now on my computer at work. I'll have to look at it again later on my laptop at home to see whether it was my tired eyes or if the brightness is set too high on the screen.

Your edit does look better on here. You'll have to help me out with your DRL acronym though! Dynamic range something?

You'll have to help me out with your DRL acronym though! Dynamic range something?

DRL = Dynamic Range Levels = black and white points setting. :cool:

DRL = Dynamic Range Levels = black and white points setting. :cool:

Aha levels of course. Thanks.

I've got to say it doesn't look anywhere near as dark on my laptop as it did on my work machine, and presumably on yours too.

I'd shot it with spot metering - centred on the lemur obviously - and checking LR the only tweaking I'd made to the exposure is turn down the highlights slightly.

I reset the highlights to zero, then set the black and white points until they just start to clip. Hopefully this is better? the white on the lemur's chest looks slightly too bright to me on this screen.)

Last edited:
Also just adjusted my screen brightness as well now.

Thanks again Kodiak (y)

Back