B&W ......On camera flash

Welcome back Shaheed ;)
As Alan said above, there's no mistaking this portrait is yours. Good work.
It has a lovely fresh feel/look to it. I like this a lot.
I just so happen to have Neil Van Niekerk "On Camera Flash" book in front of me reading about this very thing.
Would you care to share your technique for this portrait?
I can see in your lovely little models eyes your reflection but not really the flash. Did you bounce the flash off the ceiling or behind you?

Iain

Welcome back Shaheed ;)
As Alan said above, there's no mistaking this portrait is yours. Good work.
It has a lovely fresh feel/look to it. I like this a lot.
I just so happen to have Neil Van Niekerk "On Camera Flash" book in front of me reading about this very thing.
Would you care to share your technique for this portrait?
I can see in your lovely little models eyes your reflection but not really the flash. Did you bounce the flash off the ceiling or behind you?

Iain
Cheers Iain

All very simple. 50mm at f2 or f2.2 (can't remember). Flash on camera angled behind me to fire at a large white wall, ttl (dialled in a little flash compensation for a but more oomph). Reflector below. A very mobile non compliant model. But managed to get the shot!!

We have a few white walls due to building works and whitewashing!

S

Cheers Iain

All very simple. 50mm at f2 or f2.2 (can't remember). Flash on camera angled behind me to fire at a large white wall, ttl (dialled in a little flash compensation for a but more oomph). Reflector below. A very mobile non compliant model. But managed to get the shot!!

We have a few white walls due to building works and whitewashing!

S

Thanks for the explanation Shaheed, I'm on a bit of a mission at the moment to figure out using flash, both on and off camera.
The book I mentioned above describes it all quite simply but one can't beat some real time hints and tips :)

Good to see some new shots Shaheed.

Not long now until you get some space back!

The usual standard :)

Nice pic.

Back