On holiday with Ill girlfriend

hashcake

Gone to pot!
Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
So here we are in Turkey, it's my first time here and loving it.
My good lady isn't feeling too good so she's in bed for a bit.
I lugged my camera gear around the resort the other day which was no fun in 33c.
I'm at the outside bar at the hotel drinking the local brew, it's not bad and cheap (happy days ;)).
We've got 2 jeep trips booked, one of which is for landscapes and wildlife.
I never expected to be sat here reading the forum and browsing facebook....

I'd simplify the camera gear to as little as possible, one lens, no tripods etc and go out and see what you can get. There's got to be something worth looking at. If nothing else it gives you the chance to practice your skills. Sorry to hear your partner is not well but if she's happy for you to wander of site for a while then it's seems a pity to miss the chance. Not sure that sitting by the hotel pool with a lens and claiming street art is good idea. Lol

lovely place to visit , whereabouts are you , you might pick up some tips . but most importantly look after your other half theres nothing worse than being forgotten about in a foreign land . hopefully its just a touch of to much sun ?

lovely place to visit , whereabouts are you , you might pick up some tips . but most importantly look after your other half theres nothing worse than being forgotten about in a foreign land . hopefully its just a touch of to much sun ?

We are in Hisaranu, it's really nice.

I'd simplify the camera gear to as little as possible, one lens, no tripods etc and go out and see what you can get. There's got to be something worth looking at. If nothing else it gives you the chance to practice your skills. Sorry to hear your partner is not well but if she's happy for you to wander of site for a while then it's seems a pity to miss the chance. Not sure that sitting by the hotel pool with a lens and claiming street art is good idea. Lol

I didn't bring much with me, it was hard going walking around with the camera, grip and 70-300L in 33c but the view from Babadag mountain was fantastic, looking forward to pp photos when we get home.

it ant be that great if youre on here to be fair....

Sat drinking beer in a warm climate chatting with some nice people isn't bad at all.
I've been out doing some photography as well.
Just having a couple more beers then a shower then out for a nice meal.
Oh and by the way it's 'ain't'..

Shouldn't that be can't? ?? :p

So did I (but a few days off the sauce should correct mine...) :p

We are in Hisaranu, it's really nice.
if you walk up towards Nicholas park hotel, theres a footpath that goes off to the right shortly before the hotel gates though the woods towards Kayakoy. Kayakoy also worth a visit either by bus or taxi, the views from the top of the hill are stunning.

The WRC is back in Turkey this weekend.
No idea how far away you are (turkey is massive) but I’d be looking into it.

The best drivers in the world and spectacular stages.

Back