On my way home

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
The Darter is a really pleasing image

Thank you for taking the time to comment Gareth, I was hoping to spot the make as they are often a ruddy red in colour, but not today :)

Les

PS I have followed you on Flickr- nice images buddy

A very nice set as always Les (y)

Thank you Chris- I off down the Landfill tomorrow :LOL::LOL::thinking:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Actually its a massive resource on the out-lying edges for wild life.
Over the years I've seen just about every species of native BoP's hunting the peripheries.
Save an eagle.

Last edited:
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Actually its a massive resource on the out-lying edges for wild life.
Over the years I've seen just about every species of native BoP's hunting the peripheries.
Save an eagle.

I don't have a landfill close to me - or I would give it a go :)

I have driven past one and I was amazed at home many sea birds in the air around the Bulldozer

Les :)

I was amazed at home many sea birds in the air
I can't identify many of the gull species, Les, just the "usual ones"
But on some I've worked on there have been several ( unknown to me) species and even twitchers at the perimeter occasionally as a "Rare" one has dropped by for a snack.

Lovely set, Les. Really good detail.They are so detailed if you hadn’t said they were taken with your 200-600 one could be forgiven for thinking it was a macro lens you used.

I can't identify many of the gull species, Les, just the "usual ones"
But on some I've worked on there have been several ( unknown to me) species and even twitchers at the perimeter occasionally as a "Rare" one has dropped by for a snack.

I spoke to a guy yesterday who works for the local council, also a Togger he told me many many species feed on Landfill, most Herring Gulls Chris :)

Lovely set, Les. Really good detail. They are so detailed if you hadn’t said they were taken with your 200-600 one could be forgiven for thinking it was a macro lens you used.

I do have a macro lens John New and virtually unused (90mm) = I usually forget to bring it with me as I'm always after Birds/ Wildlife - so thank you John I appreciate your comments fella :)

As usual Les, that lens, in your hands, produces some excellent results.

Derek

Why thank you Derek, very kind of you to say fella :ty:

Les :)

I spoke to a guy yesterday who works for the local council, also a Togger he told me many many species feed on Landfill, most Herring Gulls Chris :)
Maybe on his, but not on "mine"
As quick run down, of "my" sites, Common, black headed, (Mob handed at this time of year and a bugger to shift) greater and lesser black backs, Herrings ( not so common in my neck of the woods)
What I was getting at there are often other gulls visiting that I can't identify.

I had a drive over to the tip this very morning- Lesser Black Back and Herring Gulls seem to dominate the area- Its close to Bridgwater and close to the Bristol Channel too
I do see hordes of Black Headed Gulls on the Estuary which is 4 miles or so from the tip - I may take a camera and long lens to the tip one of these days :)

I had a drive over to the tip this very morning- Lesser Black Back and Herring Gulls seem to dominate the area-
I'm guessing that its all to do with the area, The ones I attend ( have attended) in the past have all been very much in land.

Back