On the Avocets

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
I missed these too, Les. :rolleyes: The reflection shot is wonderful.

I think there a many reasons comments aren't made rather than 'likes' even for quality photos like the ones you regularly post. Whilst you've put a row of :LOL: it's clearly struck home with you. What I'm sure of is that it isn't a reflection of 'boredom' familiarity maybe but not boredom.

I know when I open up a post of yours I'm going to see top quality shots. This goes for some others on here too. Even that in itself could be a reason there aren't a lot of comments on some of your posts..A case of 'we're used to the quality of your photos' so maybe people think, no need to comment. I've actually thought twice about posting some photos and haven't done so quite often because, in my opinion, they fall too short of the high standards on here set by members like yourself. Sometimes those viewing just want to whip through the latest and just have time to put a 'like' or are just tired or aren't in the frame of mind to comment. Commenting involves some effort,some thought and now and then,which seems to be the case on this occasion, those who normally comment haven't done so for all sorts of reasons,not least because they've not seen them.

I'm delighted, as most will be, when I get several comments but if not it's a case of 'hey-ho' and move on to next time. Online is a fickle environment. It's also 'detached'. I've seen excellent shots on here with a bucket load of views but not many comments and some of those photos have been posted by those who consistently post top quality photos.

I have some photos of a skylark (a red list bird) taken on Fortrose golf course,hovering in the air singing away to his partner. I assume that's what it's all about.I think it's only the male that does this. Whilst sorting out my photos from Scotland I noticed, whilst taking a quick overview ..probably when I posted the puffin photos, someone had posted a simiar photo but I can't find it. I was looking for it again just now when I came across your Avocets.

Look forward to your next shots. Those garden wrens, maybe ? (y)

I missed these too, Les. :rolleyes: The reflection shot is wonderful.

I think there a many reasons comments aren't made rather than 'likes' even for quality photos like the ones you regularly post. Whilst you've put a row of :LOL: it's clearly struck home with you. What I'm sure of is that it isn't a reflection of 'boredom' familiarity maybe but not boredom.

I know when I open up a post of yours I'm going to see top quality shots. This goes for some others on here too. Even that in itself could be a reason there aren't a lot of comments on some of your posts..A case of 'we're used to the quality of your photos' so maybe people think, no need to comment. I've actually thought twice about posting some photos and haven't done so quite often because, in my opinion, they fall too short of the high standards on here set by members like yourself. Sometimes those viewing just want to whip through the latest and just have time to put a 'like' or are just tired or aren't in the frame of mind to comment. Commenting involves some effort,some thought and now and then,which seems to be the case on this occasion, those who normally comment haven't done so for all sorts of reasons,not least because they've not seen them.

I'm delighted, as most will be, when I get several comments but if not it's a case of 'hey-ho' and move on to next time. Online is a fickle environment. It's also 'detached'. I've seen excellent shots on here with a bucket load of views but not many comments and some of those photos have been posted by those who consistently post top quality photos.

I have some photos of a skylark (a red list bird) taken on Fortrose golf course,hovering in the air singing away to his partner. I assume that's what it's all about.I think it's only the male that does this. Whilst sorting out my photos from Scotland I noticed, whilst taking a quick overview ..probably when I posted the puffin photos, someone had posted a simiar photo but I can't find it. I was looking for it again just now when I came across your Avocets.

Look forward to your next shots. Those garden wrens, maybe ? (y)

Thank you for the explanation John= I am realisingnow its just a you say- as for Wrens I did post some on here - they have all fledged now and I rarely spot tem now :(

- I'd never have guessed, mate!!
- top notch shots once more, Les (y)

Russ

Ha ha Yes my all time favourite bird Russ :) Thanks for the comments

Les

Thank you for the explanation John= I am realisingnow its just a you say- as for Wrens I did post some on here - they have all fledged now and I rarely spot tem now :(

My error, Les. I meant 'more' wren photos.I did see the ones you posted ..and left comments and looked forward to some more but they've fledged,I see.

Back