On the beach

Well, it's technically fine - especially so since the light could have been very difficult.

But.. as I look at it I can't think of an explanation for what's going on other than it being a contrived setup for a photo. As a result it doesn't really work for me, sorry.

Well, it's technically fine - especially so since the light could have been very difficult.

But.. as I look at it I can't think of an explanation for what's going on other than it being a contrived setup for a photo. As a result it doesn't really work for me, sorry.

lol I'll cling to the technical aspects in terms of your reply :) as far as the remainder goes, it was exactly the brief in so much as take the pictures and get my bit nailed. Considering the harshness of the mid day sun there was scope for some awful exposures.

I like the discipline required for the poses and across a number of shots they do show that a lot of skill and strength is required, it's artistic for some and not for others, I enjoyed taking the shots and the recipients were happy and personally I like what they did.

Of course wanting others to like everything that comes out of the camera is generally a hiding to nothing.

Thank you.

Make it monochrome and it will look like a scene from an old b-movie.

Maybe worth a look.

Thank you.

Regards

Tim

Interesting - what was the brief?

Can you come and photograph us doing XY and Z on the beach and in between we'll do what you would like to photograph.

The poses vary a lot, each has a name and I assume they have to be a certain way just like a dance step or a jump when ice skating.

Last edited:
Can you come and photograph us doing XY and Z on the beach and in between we'll do what you would like to photograph.

The poses vary a lot, each has a name and I assume they have to be a certain way just like a dance step or a jump when ice skating.

I'm intrigued 'cos it looks a lot like acrobalance - which I happen to know a fair bit about - but we'd only use a pose like this as part of a transition.

I'm intrigued 'cos it looks a lot like acrobalance - which I happen to know a fair bit about - but we'd only use a pose like this as part of a transition.

That's the kind of thing we were doing, well not me personally. And as everything I know about it is based upon my experience of talking the pictures and doing that bit to the best of my ability, I can't really comment further.

I don't need to know, knowing won't enrich my life in any way so I'll happily move forward ignorant of the subtleties yet somehow enlightened by the experience :)

That's the kind of thing we were doing, well not me personally. And as everything I know about it is based upon my experience of talking the pictures and doing that bit to the best of my ability, I can't really comment further.

I don't need to know, knowing won't enrich my life in any way so I'll happily move forward ignorant of the subtleties yet somehow enlightened by the experience :)
In which case I shall refrain from putting on my acrobalance teacher hat :whistle: !

I have photographed this couple a number of times and they are looking at extending their routine to include some sensuous embraces that still embody the Acrobalance theme.

18575-1500522771-7d293f837a7204511404cb700397f0bb.jpg

That starts to make more sense. We used to do something similar in our act. There are a number of refinements I'd make but if I'm not careful I'll stray into criticising the acrobalance rather than the photography.

fwiw I tend to find that acrobalance looks best when photographed from a fairly low viewpoint. It's a while since I've shot any though - and much longer since I last performed :)

I have photographed this couple a number of times and they are looking at extending their routine to include some sensuous embraces that still embody the Acrobalance theme.

Nice reflection, not seen that particular pose, but it looks challenging. Thanks for sharing.

That starts to make more sense. We used to do something similar in our act. There are a number of refinements I'd make but if I'm not careful I'll stray into criticising the acrobalance rather than the photography.

fwiw I tend to find that acrobalance looks best when photographed from a fairly low viewpoint. It's a while since I've shot any though - and much longer since I last performed :)

Most of my shots were taken from a low viewpoint unless I'd have had to dig a deep hole to facilitate that action. Now we all understand what was being shot it probably explains the "contrived" perception on the part of certain folk :)

007Small.jpg

Last edited:
Nice reflection, not seen that particular pose, but it looks challenging. Thanks for sharing.View attachment 106560

Yes, very deliberate and I was above them on the lake bank. The gentleman had two ladies under his arms at one point, several photographers and only one tog caught him dropping them both in the water, so we got the wet hair water swish instead ha ha ha.

Back