On the frozen beach

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,
I spent a week in Finland in the hope of getting the Northern lights, cloud cover all week in the eveing/night so no chance for that, There was one morning that the cloud decided to part so just befor 10am I grabbed my camera and bits and ran to the beach, well it was only 100 metres away so it would have been rude not too and I am very happy I did, Here`s one shot from that morning, sunrise was at 10.04 am I think and this was taken at 10.10.
Camera Nikon D750
Sigma 24-105 and a Irix soft grad filter and filter system.
Your critique would be appreciated.

Oulu beach Life guard lookout by Graham, on Flickr

Very nice well composed shot, with some lovely delicate colours.(y)

George.

Superb - lovely colours and the snow picks this up well. Interesting subject with snow on the beach. Rather you than me but well played to get me to like a wintery scene.
haha Thanks Steve and appreciate your comment.
Believe it or not most days was minus temp but with the right clothes/thermals it didnt make much difference so normally I/we were nice and snug except for this day when I shouted that the sun is rising and there`s colour showing now, the o/h replies, you get your arse out there and get some good shots, problem was I rushed to get my Camera/filter and tripod and forgot my glove`s and ski hat, so within the hour my fingers were frozen and my freshly shaved head was feeling a tad cold even though I had a good Parker on with hood, Probably -2 or -3 out there on the beach with a little breeze blowing from the sea.

Nice image, I would be tempted to crop some from the RHS and bottom edge. That area doesn't hold a lot of interest hold a lot of interest for me and detracts a bit from the main subject.

Nice image, I would be tempted to crop some from the RHS and bottom edge. That area doesn't hold a lot of interest hold a lot of interest for me and detracts a bit from the main subject.
Thanks for the comment,
I get what you mean and it is a thought that past by me before I posted here, although I do like the blank space and as it`s an unusual shot for some, me included and I like how it is.

Back