On the way home

Edit My Images
Yes
showphoto.php
My first posting. Just a picture from the roadside on my way home from Inverness. A little sharpened and and exposure corrected to my taste. There are others but they are a little more extravagant in style. Maybe later.

Old git beat me to posting the image!

Looks nice....great view! I really want snow now :( What loch is that?

Thats better. I can see it now.

Oooh snow :)

Sorry I don't know why the picture didn't appear. HELP?

You posted the wrong thing. Your ref was a xxxx/xxx.php needs to be xxx/yyy.jpg
It has to be the image.

OK. Thats as clear as mud to me. Sorry. I just followed the add picture and copy/pasted the address. Wrong. Obviously but all or just a bit??

OK. Thats as clear as mud to me. Sorry. I just followed the add picture and copy/pasted the address. Wrong. Obviously but all or just a bit??

Ok what you posted was the reference to the page... it ends in .php

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=7191&cat=500&ppuser=1200

what you actually wanted was the reference to the image... ending in .jpg

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/data/500/M3S0009-IR.jpg

(hit quote to see the full thing)

Thank You! Oldgit. I will research this further after your guidance. Much appreciated. Did you like the snap?

Not sure if you are a photoshopper, but with a bit of fiddling you could get some of the colours and things to stand out. I would lighten the snow and the sheep a bit, really make them stand out. You havent ticked the "allow people to play with my images" box, so I won't post what I got out of photoshop. It really is a lovely shot when you remove some of the grey haze. The sheep are really perfect and the reflection in the water is a nice touch. It really is a great shot!

Not sure if you are a photoshopper, but with a bit of fiddling you could get some of the colours and things to stand out.

I agree! When I saw it I loved it but the colours need boosting to bring out all the detail.

Thanks for the comments. I do PS butnot so much as seems to be the common practise. I suppose I am more of a picture taker rather than a picture maker. I'll use photographic bibs & bobs to help with a picture but shy away from changing what I see into what might have been. I've got other stuff that has been produced with an end goal in mind. I might post one of them a bit later.

Not sure if you are a photoshopper, but with a bit of fiddling you could get some of the colours and things to stand out. I would lighten the snow and the sheep a bit, really make them stand out. You havent ticked the "allow people to play with my images" box, so I won't post what I got out of photoshop. It really is a lovely shot when you remove some of the grey haze. The sheep are really perfect and the reflection in the water is a nice touch. It really is a great shot!

I would be interested in knowing how you reduce the haze. lens filters are all I've ever used. In todays conditions that is not as effective as it used to be.

"Aye, Snow on the Ben!" :)

I would be interested in knowing how you reduce the haze. lens filters are all I've ever used. In todays conditions that is not as effective as it used to be.

I think maybe a levels adjustment layer, with a gradient level mask, so it affects the top half of the image more than the bottom, with a partial selection and lightening of the sheep.

As Jimmy says, you don't have your "Edit" box ticked, so he can't show you what he means. If you had it ticked, he could take your picture, do the edits he has in mind, and show you on the thread. (That's all that option means, that you allow people to do that....they cannot be derogatory towards your images, and full copyright stays with you).

As for posting your shots into the thread...A quick tip....
When you upload to the gallery, when you're looking at the page with the photo on, and it has the details underneath....there's a line called BBCode

Just copy the text in that box into your post and it will automagically insert the picture for you :)

Aha nice one!

I am going to have a go at what Marcel said, but this is what I made up earlier (its a bit dark and contrasty as I made it on a none calibrated monitor :( )

invernessshotfiddle2uj2.jpg

OK. I appreciate the colouring and boosting of contrast! But the picture was taken in late evening autumn (cloud filtered)yellowing sunlight! If I could remove the haze I would but not at the price of reality. I suppose its a thin line I tread..

Back