One dog, or two?

Just today, a colleague at work was illustrating her dog's extraordinarily long tongue on a Teams meeting. I thought this was more than I ever needed to understand, but "COVID-Teams-relax" was in force.

Then I saw image #1 and realised that it's quite fascinating how long some dog's tongue's are. (apostrophe apology)

That first shot is a lovely image Dan. You've done really well with that square composition. (y) Really nice bright images.

I remember you posting his first pictures, hes grown into a lovely looking dog.
The gender transition seems to have gone well too! ;)

I forget what a funny looking pup she was, her wet eyes didn’t help.

Yes, she doesn't have that slight 'ET' look to her any more. I like that first shot, but think the shallow DoF kills the second one due to the length of her nose. Longer lens, further away, would help with straight on head shots (as you probably know already). Also, in the interest of fairness, I think we need a photo of Newt now. :)

The gender transition seems to have gone well too! ;)

Yes, she doesn't have that slight 'ET' look to her any more. I like that first shot, but think the shallow DoF kills the second one due to the length of her nose. Longer lens, further away, would help with straight on head shots (as you probably know already). Also, in the interest of fairness, I think we need a photo of Newt now. :)

I've just sold the longer lens :D 135mm 2.8 (with 1.7TC) - I decided it might not get so much real usage as it's big and heavy to carry around, as i'd rather use the 80mm - fortunately the nose thing doesn't bother me :D

Back