One down four to go

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
DSC_2997.JPG

Film that is, thinking about my next roll. While I am thinking about it, I will pop them back in the fridge.

View attachment 268459

i put my stock of tranny films in the freezer...they took 24 hours to thaw out...Fuji pro 100asa

they were foil wrapped so air tight...when i arrived overseas and unpacked after a flight they were like fat sausages...

are you processing these yourself in a daylight tank etc...or lab
i suppose you may scan them for pp etc..
not an are i would like to be back in...my wife did the b/w dev and printing..
cheers
geof

Film that is, thinking about my next roll. While I am thinking about it, I will pop them back in the fridge.

@mrtoad

I was half thinking of trying to process them, but I have never tried it before. I know a few members on here said it is an easy thing to do, but I will mess things up, I just know I will. Been sent off to develope, waiting to see the results. :)

@jonbeeza

well in the old days it was a question of money and some pride....labs do a good job to process the film...temps, times, drying, and cleanliness are spot on
its the printing where the author of the shot can vary the stock timing etc and do burning and dodging, get used to different papers and developers
...all very time consuming

what is your final objective...stock black and white prints?
its a hobby and should be a pleasure..

with the digital camera all that becomes easy and adjustable...

Last edited:
@jonbeeza

well in the old days it was a question of money and some pride....labs to a good job to process the film...temps and times are spot on
its the printing where the author of the shot can vary the stock timing etc and do burning and dodging...all very time consuming and hard to replicate on each print

what is your final objective...stock black and white prints?
its a hobby and should be a pleasure..

with the digital camera all that becomes easy and adjustable...

I just wanted to try film again, so I opted for black and white. I wanted to see how they compare to digital black and white. If I do like the look of film, I will probably try more. I might even learn to develop it. But only if it gives me that certain something.

@mrtoad

I was half thinking of trying to process them, but I have never tried it before. I know a few members on here said it is an easy thing to do, but I will mess things up, I just know I will. Been sent off to develope, waiting to see the results. :)
I just wanted to try film again, so I opted for black and white. I wanted to see how they compare to digital black and white. If I do like the look of film, I will probably try more. I might even learn to develop it. But only if it gives me that certain something.

nothing wrong with putting down the fundamental roots...a good b/w beats a good colour...in photographic expertise..
you can scan film of course and pp the results...its the digital way to gain positives
ps black to white portraiture takes care of skin tone and pimples...they dont show up so much..:D
cheers
geof

Last edited:
nothing wrong with putting down the fundamental roots...a good b/w beats a good colour...in photographic expertise..
you can scan film of course and pp the results...its the digital way to gain positives
ps black to white portraiture takes care of skin tone and pimples...they dont show up so much..:D
cheers
geof

Fingers crossed regarding the results. I hope I do get some good images. I did take a couple of people shots, I am interested to see how they turn out. :)

Back