One Of My Many Talents, Allegedly.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
Up at Glencoe last February and came away with this one of The Buachaille. I've been wanting to frame it for a while as I build my own frames for DSC00782 siz.jpg my own work. Today, I managed to slot it in, finally. Shutter button, process, print and 3 hours in my workshop got it on the wall.

Product photography isn't a talent I possess. :whistle::LOL:

Cheers guys, it's more a hobby than anything at the moment but I am hoping to maybe make a small business out of it next year.

Very nice Dale.

I'm looking to start knocking up Carbon Fibre picture frames from home. I've got no problem making the carbon panels but looking for a accurate repeatable and cheap method of trimming them. Would like a small 3-axis milling machine but they are costly so may have to be a router and some jigs

I'm not sure if the Morso cutters would cut carbon fibre but it may be worth a look. Not cheap though.

I use a guillotine to finish my cuts, the mitre saw gives a rough cut first then it's finished with the guillotine, which gives a 'mirror' finish. The guillotine may crush carbon fibre though.

I'm not sure if the Morso cutters would cut carbon fibre but it may be worth a look. Not cheap though.

I use a guillotine to finish my cuts, the mitre saw gives a rough cut first then it's finished with the guillotine, which gives a 'mirror' finish. The guillotine may crush carbon fibre though.

It would indeed make a mess of Carbon Dale. The best method is water jet cutting but that can be costly. I have been looking at a small 3 axis machine but getting one with a big enough working envelope would cost a few quid. We have all the machinery where I work, it's just never available to do the cutting!!

Back