one Red, and one Painted.....

love the Painted Lady- one of my favourite Butterflies

Good job Russ

Les :)

Cheers Les :)
- the Painted Lady is one of my favourites too, but we haven't had the same numbers up here as last year unfortunately! :)

Russ

I haven't seen a single one on the Levels- I'm hoping to get out again Wednesday to have a look for smaller stuff :)

Les

Lovely set Russ (y)

- many thanks Nick :)
- I love this time of year for photographing these garden beauties!

Russ

I'm envious (but happy for you, and enjoying the images). I don't think I've photographed a single butterfly this year in our garden - or anywhere else for that matter, because I haven't been outside of our garden for 6 months.

I'm envious (but happy for you, and enjoying the images). I don't think I've photographed a single butterfly this year in our garden - or anywhere else for that matter, because I haven't been outside of our garden for 6 months.
Hi Nick - I too have been confined to barracks for most of the last 6 months! When we moved to our present house 5 years ago we had a great opportunity to re-model both our front and back gardens. My wife is a keen gardener and, although our gardens are not large, we planted buddliea and verbena and other butterfly and bee loving plants where we could - and it's paid dividends, especially as I've not been able to pursue my bird photography main hobby very much since March.
Hope we can both get out and about more in the near future!

Russ :)

Hi Nick - I too have been confined to barracks for most of the last 6 months! When we moved to our present house 5 years ago we had a great opportunity to re-model both our front and back gardens. My wife is a keen gardener

Mine too, hence my username. I know my place. :D

and, although our gardens are not large, we planted buddliea and verbena and other butterfly and bee loving plants where we could

Nice. We used to have a lot of big buddleia overhanging our patio from the garden next door, but that all got cut down by the new neighbours a few years ago. We have just one buddleia in the front garden now.

- and it's paid dividends,

Your photos prove that.

especially as I've not been able to pursue my bird photography main hobby very much since March.

:(

Hope we can both get out and about more in the near future!

Russ :)

Indeed so. although with autumn drawing in I think it may be next spring before I get out to one of the local nature reserves.

......We used to have a lot of big buddleia.......
Nick, thank you for the correct spelling:
- I must learn how to spell BUDDLEIA
etc,etc
However I spell it, my spellchecker seems unhappy! :D

Russ

That's Budleigher Saltierton...

:coat:

Not seen many butterflies this summer, even on the Buddleias (spell check liked it here) on the golf course. Red Admirals are among my favourites so thanks for sharing the top one (and the others!)

Not seen many butterflies this summer, even on the Buddleias (spell check liked it here) on the golf course. Red Admirals are among my favourites so thanks for sharing the top one (and the others!)
- been plenty up here in Gods Own Country, apart from the Painted Ladies (which had a bumper year in 2019) :)

Russ

Very few ladys spotted this year Russ, you have some super shots Matey ;)

Back