One Second

Been tackling this as a project since October. Literally the same "1 second" idea. I've loved doing it. This is really interesting to see in colour. Nice work!
Ian.

Been tackling this as a project since October. Literally the same "1 second" idea. I've loved doing it. This is really interesting to see in colour. Nice work!

Thank you, its a work in process, but I'm enjoying trying to work the abstraction into a fixed parameter of 1sec. Good to hear that you're working on a similar project, I'll go take a look at your flickr later to see how you're approaching it!

Ian.
there's something incredibly Turner-esque about this image to my eyes... very very nice indeed.

Thank you very much, there's definitely some Turner influence to the reasoning behind trying this. I'm still trying to work out the ingredients for how I would like things to work, but I'm having fun trying. Appreciate your input, thanks!

Yep I like them a lot, particularly the abstract nature.

Much appreciated, trying to balance the abstract and the recognisable is an element I'm trying to work out at the moment.

Great stuff. There's a real knack to this type of photography, and I think you have it.

Great stuff. There's a real knack to this type of photography, and I think you have it.
Thanks very much, it's definitely a challenge, I think trying to gain a clear sense of purpose in the images is key, it's definitely more tricky than other forms of photography in understanding what elements work together, but it's a lot of fun trying it out. Appreciate your feedback

i do like this idea...and one i can appreciate as i used to do what were called fuzzy shots in the camera club
members hated them....more out of focus photos to imitate oil paintings...or such
i enjoyed them and you should keep this up..
cheers
geof

Just to be clear in my mind - these are simply 1s handheld exposures and wherever the shake takes you?

i do like this idea...and one i can appreciate as i used to do what were called fuzzy shots in the camera club
members hated them....more out of focus photos to imitate oil paintings...or such
i enjoyed them and you should keep this up..
cheers
geof

Thanks Geof, it's definitely not for everyone, I'm not even sure it's for me yet, but I'm enjoying the process. I think it's good for me to take a little time to consider what i like to include in the images texturally, and how to execute this, especially given conditions that I wouldn't normally make a shot under. Glad you've enjoyed them so far.

Just to be clear in my mind - these are simply 1s handheld exposures and wherever the shake takes you?

Thats right, everything here is a 1 second exposure, what I think I am trying to achieve is a level of sharpness and recognisability of a composition, combined with using the scene to also paint texturally to take the image in a more abstract or expressionistic direction. I have used double exposure (in PP) in a couple of these images, but for the most part they are just single files, processed in Lightroom.

Thanks Geof, it's definitely not for everyone, I'm not even sure it's for me yet, but I'm enjoying the process. I think it's good for me to take a little time to consider what i like to include in the images texturally, and how to execute this, especially given conditions that I wouldn't normally make a shot under. Glad you've enjoyed them so far.

texturally...that is the secret really for me...giving an arty feel but being the originator of the image and its conception

This one is pretty close to the technique used by Turner....just enough detail and motion combined with calm overtones1579438639676.jpeg

cheers
geof

I love these!

Back