Oooooh I actually found some insects today! Things are looking up

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Been quite some time since I got out with the macro lens and pringles tube and packaging for diffusion. Didnt find much, but its a lot more than what I found a few weeks ago so things are improving.

Roll on the light mornings and late evenings and bug infestations! All taken at the in-laws garden, 6d, 105mm sigma, DCR250, manual focus, cheapo flash (neweer tt560), pringles tube and packaging to difuse.

1.. Slugasaurusrex. Juicy and lovely texture. Was an 8 image stack but the head part doesn't seem to have come out that well so I may revisit, I may have stacked a OOF image in there :banghead:
Untitled4 by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

2.. Not sure what this is, so an ID would be appreciated. It stayed still for me, might be still a little cold for the bugger to move. Found him under a layer of broken brickwork.
Untitled3 by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

3.. Had to get a plant in there somewhere. Quite pretty and I imagine will look good when it blooms so will re-visit when it gets a bit warmer to see what it turns out to be.
_MG_0147 by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

4.. Lots of baby snails under a brick.
_MG_0154 by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

5.. The one and only ant I spotted.
_MG_0192 by Carl@CDHPIX, on Flickr

Cheers

Nice lot there Carl, looks like the unidentified thing is a earwig though could be wrong, love the little snails too, was this a long exposure (slow I mean) lol

Sun came out today and I saw the first butterfly this year for me... a yellow one, didn't get to shoot it and it was being chased by 2 great tits :)p)

Come on sun stay out this week :)

Terrific set, love the first one! A very impressive stack (despite the OOF area).

Good work and looks as though there are plenty about now. Hope I get to go hunting soon (it seems very windy today).

Excellent set Carl good news that you're starting to see stuff maybe there's hope for me up here in North Wales :)

Nice set of images Carl, with some good composition and detail.(y)

George.

Back