Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Saved in the end with only superficial damage - Aft CG

_ACT3642.jpg

MOD EDIT: Temporary external link to picture

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of frames later at impact and that would have been brilliant! Still a great shot none the less

I thought it had just gone nose up and stalled, rather than being about to bury the prop in the grass.

Vaguely remember the Dunne designs having rear swept wings and pusher props.

Last edited:
BigYin is right. The shot is just as pilot put on full power to go around. The wing tip skids were damaged and can be seen on the ground. The shot just before was the touchdown. The final landing just caused a bent axle but is a bit of a dot in the distance.

Nothing to see here, moving on...

You're right. It disappeared as I posted Just now I don't understand how it can just disappear but ill look into it later

You're right. It disappeared as I posted Just now I don't understand how it can just disappear but ill look into it later

we've had this problem occasionally - normally it's with photobox served images, but I can see from your post it's from what I assume is your own hosting.

Pro-tem, i've added a clicky link to the original post so people can see the image.

(strangest thing is, the image is actually THERE when you go into edit post mode, it just doesn't display in "normal" mode... I'll refer it to the man with the forum spanners I think...)

Eek!

A bit close!

_ACT3665.jpg

And finally at rest
_ACT3691.jpg

we've had this problem occasionally - normally it's with photobox served images, but I can see from your post it's from what I assume is your own hosting.

Pro-tem, i've added a clicky link to the original post so people can see the image.

(strangest thing is, the image is actually THERE when you go into edit post mode, it just doesn't display in "normal" mode... I'll refer it to the man with the forum spanners I think...)

Yes, I'd appreciate knowing if there is a fix, or a good reason why it sometimes doesn't work. The are indeed in a directory on my own hosting. If there is a reason, then it would be nice to be able to rectify it. If it's just one of those things with a "foreign" link, then I'll find another way.
Cheers
Steve

Yes, I'd appreciate knowing if there is a fix, or a good reason why it sometimes doesn't work. The are indeed in a directory on my own hosting. If there is a reason, then it would be nice to be able to rectify it. If it's just one of those things with a "foreign" link, then I'll find another way.
Cheers
Steve

Late reply, I know, but it appears to be an issue with the image proxy we were using - Marcel had the "manchester spanner" (think it was the "4lb lump" version) on things and it appears the image has now re-appeared. ;)

FWIW, all images seem to be visible now, although there appears to be some impact damage from the Manc spannerism!!! ;)

Thanks for the efforts to get the images showing. I'm afraid I submit very few images but the problem of them failing to appear has indeed occurred a few times before on other forums when I link to a public directory on my own site. It is convenient to do it that way so I'll keep trying on those few occasions when I do upload images and see how it goes.

Looks terrifying to fly in a coffin like this with some flimsy wings and an engine attached!

A couple of frames later at impact and that would have been brilliant! Still a great shot none the less
Thats dreadful!!

But still a great comment :rolleyes:

Back