Open Garden

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
I managed to push myself to actually get out of the house and do something for a change on Sunday. Gresgarth Hall in Lancashire had an Open Garden.

Hopefully I have got some slightly better shots than my last flower attempts. Feel free to give pointers for improvement.

Ta

Andrea

GresgarthHall1208.07008800across.jpg

GresgarthHall1208.07024800across.jpg

GresgarthHall1208.07017800across.jpg

GresgarthHall1208.07034800across.jpg

Some good shots there. (y)

#1 you've retained the detail in the white petals which is good but the lighting has made it look dull. Don't know whether you could brighten it a bit in PS without losing the detail too much :shrug:

#2 Love this one - great colours, lovely flower, just a pity the edges of the petals have been chopped off.

#3 Good one as well. Really sharp, although the main subject does get a bit lost in the background.;)

#4 Lovely colours - lilies make great pics. Not sure about the crop on this one - maybe having all the flower in the frame would have been better:) or even a really tight crop :shrug:

Just my opinions :)

Thanks LP

#1, I was worried if I messed with it I would lose the detail. Maybe I should just have a play and see what happens. I always keep originals anyway.

#2, This was the clearest shot I got. Trying to use a +4 close up filter. Can't make my mind up whether the kit lens is better with or without it. Haven't got a macro lens.

#3 I guess I just liked the colours, they grew in clumps so it was difficult not to get another flower head in the frame.

#4, isn't a crop thats the shot. I have got one taken from further away that I could maybe play around with, I just preferred the close up but maybe I need to crop the other to get the best angle. Might have a play tonight.

Thanks for the feedback.

Andrea

I like the colours in No 2 - a good clear zingy pic

Imo No 3 is fine with the extra flowers in. I think it could have been altered (not necessarily improved :)) with less dof to give the central flower more impact. But I haven't got a macros lens either - and it's easier said than done.

I like your lily shot. I've been trying very hard to get a decent one and have come to the conclusion that they need a square format - I always get crucial bits cropped off :( What does anyone else think?

Very good work.....

I gave Number 1 a levels tweak in PS......

flower_sample.jpg

oh I might have known Chuckles would have done just what i was going to suggest...I love that Cosmos shot! My Cosmos this year are not what they used to be!

Thanks Barry, it does look better with a tweak, really must try it myself but just too flipping tired tonight.

Thanks Marianne, I take that is what the white flower is. I'm useless at flowers!! No excuses pretty much everything in that garden was labelled.

Quite pleased that these seem to be better than my last attempts. Hopefully heading in the right direction slowly.

Andrea

Back