opinions on these 4....

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I need to decide which are the best 2 of these....

facewhite_Medium.jpg

that one or this one (ignore funny patch on shoulder....)

face7_Medium.jpg

and then which of these 2

3faces_Medium.jpg

or this

facesIR_Medium.jpg

First pair not sure - neither really do anything for me :(

What are/were you trying to acheive?

For the second pair i prefer the second image

the theme is faces...was a spur of the moment walking-past-the-statue-quick-take-a-pic type thing

In that case definatley the second from the second group.

I'm still unsure about the first group - maybe a differant angle?

thats the only 2 angles i have, i literally had moments to take the shot, was on my lunch break, but my super tight t*** boss gets upset if i am 1 minute late back.

never moan if im early though

Of the first two I think the second one, it seems to have a little more life?

I prefer the first one in both sets. The statue head is better with the out of focus background - it concentrates the attention on the face.

In the second set the first one is better IMO because it fills the frame and elimniates unwanted detail.

1st set - 2nd image for sure
2nd set - I tend to steer towards the first image, but I think they're both as good as each other.
Either way, I like the way your eye works.

thanks for your input guys, your split as to which you all prefer, which doesnt help me at all!!

I personally prefer the first of the first pair and the first of the second pair, though im fairly sure the last one has got a lot of potential too

Thanks again guys, all input is gratefully received

Either way, I like the way your eye works.
That is very much appreciated!

The first pair don't do it for me at all, sorry. Of the second pair I much prefer the first one - the fading border works very well.

Thanks Oz, i realise that the first 2 are not everyones cup of tea, not really mine TBH but i specifically need face shots, so i had to do them!

TBH, I doubt I could do anywhere near as good pics as you, but hopefully by seeing loads of others then maybe I'll pick up ideas on styles that work in "print" and that really please the eye. :)

Oz said:
TBH, I doubt I could do anywhere near as good pics as you, but hopefully by seeing loads of others then maybe I'll pick up ideas on styles that work in "print" and that really please the eye. :)

Im not really that good, i perstered Steve and Failure for what they thought on these images before going to the forums with them, a fair bit of tweaking has occured before they were posted to correct minor faults, when i take the picture, it nearly always needs cropping to improve the composition.

You will be surprised how far you can progress when you are interested in a subject, i genuinely love taking pictures of stuff, so for me its a pleasure to learn

m8
pop up the one i like, see what the others think of it,

i personally think the angle and tighter crop send more of a message ,

just my thoughts

MyPix ( who is surfing from Sunny ( 30 degs) Sydney in Australia 8) 8) )

this is the other one, Vince likes this one, as do i....

face3_Medium.jpg

i cant help thinking that i could have got this just a little bit better

well if i get any more takers for this one i will print that also...i can do three!

I definately like the last one (third of the first set), but I'm not sure why. Maybe like Matt said, he appears to be lost in thought.
As for the second set, I like the first, but would it be possible to go back and shoot again? If it is then I might try to reshoot the first one from a slightly different angle. Maybe 30 to 45 degrees to the left side. Might give an interesting perspective. Just a thought though.

On a whole though, very good photos :)

i had some shots of the second set from various angles....will see if i can find any that are useable....

thanks for the comments guys, i think i have my shots now, just got to get them to print nicely now

Somewhere in the middle of the first and second one of the first set, i like the way the nose has it's own outline on the second shot and the fact that the ear is clearly visible. If you are going to shoot it again or fiddle in photoshop i would suggest a slightly tighter crop of the second image, and make the shoulders (or anything that is not part of the face slightly darker to make the face stand out (if thats why you're doing the shoot to get faces).
First image of second set is te one i prefer, maybe add a little contrast.
Cheers!

thanks guys, a real mix of opnions!

EosD said:

face3_Medium.jpg

I do like this, but IMHO the DOF is such so that the chin is out of focus. If it were still in focus it would be spot on. As I said before, great pics! :wink:

Oz said:
EosD said:

face3_Medium.jpg

I do like this, but IMHO the DOF is such so that the chin is out of focus. If it were still in focus it would be spot on. As I said before, great pics! :wink:

i did actualy say this to Matt, however , once studied a little more i decided the chin being out of focus ( dof wise ) made you concentrait on the eyes more, which is the center of any face, (metaphorically speaking )
imho i recon this one , out of the 3 he has will get the greater praise , but thats just my thoughts,lol

MyPix ( still living it up in Sydney Australia 8) )

Back