Opinions Please - First attempt with ND Filters and Raw Conversion.

Really like the image, great for a first attempt. Love the rocks and clarity in the foreground, could possibly have been improved if you'd included the top of the waterfall as well the light looks like it was good up there.

Love the colours in the water and rocks though :)

Good first effort James, I'd also like to see the top of the water fall in the shot but can appreciate it might be hideous up there only you know whats going on up there :)

Thanks for the feedback. The top of the waterfall was mainly.a tangle of branches with not a lot of greenery on it at this time of year. Also the angle of the sun was broken by the cliff surrounding the pond. Anything above it was bright white almost with mid-morning sunlight. I debated about cropping the top out and decided leaving it in would do the picture no good whatsoever. I still have the raw files though, so maybe I'll have another go with it.

Last edited:
Thats the thing its easy to say what about this ? but unless you were on site have no idea what was going on up there :) I had an outing with my 10 stop the other day & boy my shots were rubbish ha ha

really nice look to the water

tried a few of these myself and done quite poorly so really good for a first attempt

Yep, it's not the easiest thing in the world at first. Waiting for the numerous kids to get out of it didn't make it any easier!

I like the location and the way it has captured the light on the left hand side ,for your first attempt I would be more than happy with it James.

No problem James and look forward to some more pictures from you.

I had another crack at using the ND filters today, I think this turned out better technically, but the setting was better on the first one:

Back