Opinions please :)

Name
Robyn
Edit My Images
No
I am very new to this and would appreciate any feedback. I only have a few to share at the moment but would welcome any comments you lovely people have :)6.jpg 65.jpg 107.jpg 120.jpg 129.jpg

The light in 3 and 4 work well. I think the tones in 3 could be worked on to give more contrast as the skintone is very grey, and it may benefit from being cropped up to the wall.
4 & 5 lack engagement with the subjects because they are looking out of frame rather than at the camera or towards something in the frame.
2 is a nice shot. I don't think the colour splash helps the image, and the vignette may be a little over zealous.

Thank you Orangecroc! I love taking pictures of people (and myself as you can see :LOL:) but very new to this so just clicking away. I do see what you mean with the engagement in 4 and 5. I need to find more willing models lol

Really interesting set and nice to see a different take on portraits, 1 and 4 are the picks for me, I think there is more to be had from 3 with more contrast. One thing that is a tad distracting is the wide variety of processing styles across the set.

Have only just seen these replies. Fantastic compliments and very constructive. Orangecroc...My Camera has a Pro mode that I dabble with but I am afraid I don't really understand it all. I realise my lack of knowledge of the technical side to photography is why my images aren't as good as they could be. I am seeing to it though with some local courses and I have a few friends who are willing to teach me a little when they have time :)

Orangecroc....I have misread your message and thought you were on about my phone camera! My camera...This is the range in the spec - Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200.

Last edited:
Hey for someone who is new to this, I think you're doing a great job! Fantastic! I prefer 3 & 4 mainly for the lighting, number 1 would've been great too perhaps in colour? Anyways fantastic for someone new! Keep it up!

Back