Orange-tip at 560mm

Great shots, Ive yet to see the male, lots of female about here (South of France)
Them damn hoverflies get everywhere lol

Great shots, Ive yet to see the male, lots of female about here (South of France)
Them damn hoverflies get everywhere lol

You can tell the difference? lol Are males very different? Or is this a male? :\

I'm crap with names of well... Anything really! I only know this is called an Orange-tip because it's got Orange tips and a girl I spoke to at this reserve yesterday said she was trying to get shots of the Orange-tips lol.

You can tell the difference? lol Are males very different? Or is this a male? :\

I'm crap with names of well... Anything really! I only know this is called an Orange-tip because it's got Orange tips and a girl I spoke to at this reserve yesterday said she was trying to get shots of the Orange-tips lol.
Yep thats a Male.
Heres a link if you wanna know more.. http://www.ukbutterflies.co.uk/family.php?name=Nymphalidae

They are male orange tips the little dark tips under the orange is all the female has..... nice photos.

Beautiful well caught they don't stay still for long

Such a manly wuss lol

Love the last one... hoverman has been called ;)

Back