Orange tip.

A cracker, I've yet to see a male, loads of females here.

Looks great, saw one of these while sat down by my pond this afternoon, and confirm they really are fast little buggers, I'm on my iPad so will not comment on colours/exposure though at least on this they do look spot on...but what I will say is the composition dosnt feel quite right to me, it feels almost a little lost in frame and I personally would look at cropping in a little closer if the quality will stand it

Great shot Poacher, and very well captured.(y)

George.

nice shot I do wonder if a portrait orientation would work better.

Nice detail on it though. Saw a small blue butterfly in my garden but it didnt stop for a rest to get a shot sadly. Praying for sun next week. :)

Might have to visit your neck of the woods ;)

Warmer in Oxford than Cheshire I guess. No sign of any up here just yet.

Great shot!!

cracking shot...love these little beauties..

Thank you for your comment.
A cracker, I've yet to see a male, loads of females here.

Thank you for your comment. Here the males hatch first the females a few days later.
Looks great, saw one of these while sat down by my pond this afternoon, and confirm they really are fast little buggers, I'm on my iPad so will not comment on colours/exposure though at least on this they do look spot on...but what I will say is the composition dosnt feel quite right to me, it feels almost a little lost in frame and I personally would look at cropping in a little closer if the quality will stand it

Thank you for your comment. these orange tips were the first I`ve managed to photograph this year I always try to grab a few shots then calm down and wait till there are more around, males and females,

Another photo
Orange tip, brasenose woods, Oxford. by poacher rtd, on Flickr

Great shot Poacher, and very well captured.(y)

George.
Excellent! Hopefully see some flutter over my garden soon then :)

nice shot I do wonder if a portrait orientation would work better.

Nice detail on it though. Saw a small blue butterfly in my garden but it didnt stop for a rest to get a shot sadly. Praying for sun next week. :)

Might have to visit your neck of the woods ;)

thank you for your comment. if you want to visit my local woods I`m always around to show you. I would think the little blue butterfly is a holly blue.

Warmer in Oxford than Cheshire I guess. No sign of any up here just yet.

Great shot!!

thank you for your comment, I would think you will see them in the next few days to a week.

Excellent these are one of my favourites I always look for them this time of year
I don't often manage to photograph them as you say they are flighty but it's nice just to see them

Lovely shot poacher, the cropped version is excellent as well, lots of detail.

Excellent these are one of my favourites I always look for them this time of year
I don't often manage to photograph them as you say they are flighty but it's nice just to see them

Back