Orchid

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
38018664362_33a2f9186c_k.jpg

A 45 image focus stack of my orchid. Taken using a WeMacro rail, Canon 5d Mark IV, Sigma 105 Macro Lens, extension tubes and flash. Combined with Zerene. Need to work on the glow but reasonably happy for the first time using the rail.

Very nice. Is the idea that you focus manually to some point and then move the camera on the rail?

Very nice. Is the idea that you focus manually to some point and then move the camera on the rail?

Thank you!

Yes, the WeMacro rail is motorized, so I focus at the front and tell the app how far to move and how many photos I want and then let it do it's thing. I think, in this case, I needed to use a bigger f-number, say f8 and move the camera further.

Thank you. I looked at the gadget, a bit more delicate than the manfrotto rails I got :) which I have yet to figure out what to do with.

Hi, I’ve been looking at this macro rail system myself. Are you using a PC or iPad/iPhone to control it? Do you find it strait forward to use?
Like your orchid image bye the way.

Hi, I’ve been looking at this macro rail system myself. Are you using a PC or iPad/iPhone to control it? Do you find it strait forward to use?
Like your orchid image bye the way.

Hi Dave. Thank you:)

With the WeMacro rail you can use either, it comes with cables for a PC / MAC and it will Bluetooth to iOS or Android devices

Andrew hi, nice shot, or should that be shots :)
Can you tell me did you get the hardware from abroad or UK?
Matt

Back