order of wedding pics

Name
bill
Edit My Images
Yes
hi all i did a wedding shoot recently and have pics of various parts of the day some pre wedding shots of the bride, some of the groom and groomsmen and of the ceremony and the bride on her own in her dress etc etc im just wondering what order i should present thm to the client. would it be right to lump all similar pics together or should i mix them up a bit. i.e. some of the bride having makeup done then a couple of her in her dress all made up, or just as shot on the day? this might be a little tricky as i used 2 cameras and didnt synchronise the times on both. any ideas suggestions would be most welcome.
thanks
Bill

I'm sure when you sort them into date created they'll still be in order unless one of your bodies is miles out. I recently had a wedding album created and stuck to presenting them in order of when they were taken and it was lovely. Might be the safe way but I think jumping back and forth would just be confusing. I'm a notice though so maybe there's a better way.

I am far from being an expert, but the few weddings I have shot, I have organised into the order of the day, simply because it tells the story better. I simply give them a chronological/numerical reference (0001/0002/0003 etc and add the format I have cropped to - 0001 6x4) and allow spaces because I use two cameras.

Personally, I prefer Spiderman to put on his suit before capturing the baddy; and John Wayne burying the baddy before he's shot him would look a bit daft to me

In Weddings, a couple exiting the church together as the married couple would look odd if the next shots are them exchanging rings

So yes, chronological as anything else is just daft

Dave

Don't ask me how but in lightroom you can alter the time the pics were taken . Eg- you can tell lightroom that camera B is 1 hour 5 mins and 20 seconds out from camera A . Lightroom will then put them in correct time order .

Chronological order unless it doesn't make sense. Latest wedding I'm working on I took photos of the barn all dressed up and some exterior pictures so they won't be presented mid bridal prep which is when they were actually taken and I always try and end on a really good shot. If one camera isn't time synced with the other (if you used two) you can shift the time in LR to bring them altogether. I had one camera out by an hour to the other so had to shift all taken with one camera so they ran in time.

Chronological order unless it doesn't make sense. Latest wedding I'm working on I took photos of the barn all dressed up and some exterior pictures so they won't be presented mid bridal prep which is when they were actually taken and I always try and end on a really good shot. If one camera isn't time synced with the other (if you used two) you can shift the time in LR to bring them altogether. I had one camera out by an hour to the other so had to shift all taken with one camera so they ran in time.

This is also what I do, telling the story in the order it happened. The couple know where you were at what time so they’ll be happy with that order. As said above though, there’s obvious ones of the room prep that sometimes make sense to bulk together but even then try and pay attention to those. For example, the last Wedding I shot, I photographed the bride and bridesmaids setting up the room, having the finished room shots right at the beginning wouldn’t have made sense.

I also leave one of my favourites for the end too, to go out on a high :D

Back