Orford Lighthouse, Cobra Mist

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Myself and a few togger buddies were given the rare chance on Sunday to visit and photograph the Orfordness lighthouse and surrounding area which included a few military installations from the Cold War era.
A uniquely eerie place I must say but one I would really like to revisit at some point and preferably before the Lighthouse is knocked down.

Orford Lighthouse

Orfordness Lighthouse by Neil Almond, on Flickr

Cobra Mist Cold War Radar Station

Facility by Neil Almond, on Flickr

Last edited:
A truly magical place, that you have done justice to. I was lucky enough to go a few years back, would love to re-visit to re-shoot some of it I missed.

I thought I enjoyed the first one from flickr or twitter but that second is top notch. Love the feel of the mystery and all fenced in from past to never escape.

Very nice composition and atmosphere captured in #1 for me Neil I can here those waves for sure hitting Land love the sound of the pebbles being washed away etc well spotted, and I hope you remembered your wellingtons Sir?

Thanks all - just got back home and looked at the first and thought 'yuk', I think I must be colour blind! Looked OK when I processed yesterday evening, today looks completely different - any tips?

Back