Orlando FL (Watch Purchase)

Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all,

In a couple of weeks myself, partner and some friends are going to Orlando, most of the time we will be doing the theme park thing and some limited shopping.

Now i've fancied a TAG watch for some time and never been able to be in a posistion to purchase, however a friend at work has outlined that over the water TAG (and other brand) watches can be purchased at a considerable saving (50-60% before UK tax (which we do not need to cover as i'm sure we all know the law).

Does anyone have any experience of this? and/or any tips on finding the best places to go as ive never been to the great US of A!

TIA Tom.

The price is usually because it's the same number of dollars as pounds. Check the sales tax as well. It's not unusual to find this adds on somewhere between 6-8% in Florida (depends where you are). If you find a wach at 60% off, I'd imagine it was a fake.

don't know how it works importing it though? You will need to declare it on arrival as I imagine it will exceed the "gift" amount.There will be a customs charge and VAT i think?

“I was wearing this watch on the flight out of the Uk officer” :popcorn: :exit:

“I was wearing this watch on the flight out of the Uk officer” :popcorn: :exit:
That’s what I did/have done. No one at customs has ever asked in fact, shop in an authorised dealer and all should be ok

Yep, there are quite a few outlets in Florida, specifically the Premium and Prime Outlets on International Drive where you can find discounts on a lot of branded items. They do as others have said, add sales tax though so something to be aware of. I was going to say, your friend could always just wear the watch home...if you trust them!

I bought a tag in Florida 23 years ago and still wear it daily.
There are plenty outlets selling them.
I managed to haggle with a few and got a great deal.
Wore it on way home without issues.

I bought my daughter’s TAG about the same time, working fine still, how time flies.

That’s what I did/have done. No one at customs has ever asked in fact, shop in an authorised dealer and all should be ok

nope not true its up to the individual to declare the import not customs ti catch you out
sems the thing now that criminal activity only exists if you get caught?

its called tax evasion

Thanks for the input all, those that have been is there much differenace between where you go? i see alot of people goto the "prime mall" and the "Mall at Millenia"

Back