Osprey with Roach ( new pic added today)

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Watched this passage juvenile Osprey preening and then make three dives before returning to consume its prize on a local lake in South Wales on the weekend.
One of the highlights in all my years photographing Wildlife!

Canon 70d, Sigma 150-600mm `C` , Slik pro 780DX tripod

Osprey by Mike Warburton Photography, on Flickr

I’m not surprised that was a highlight of the year one that good it would be the highlight of my career :)

Great take and brilliant rendition, Mike!

A beauty Mike with a perfect exposure I can fully understand why you are pleased ... a few have been spotted going down through the Severn Estuary so it's nice to see more around in the area. :)

to have seen is a wonderful experience a photo a bonus...........this photo is a big bonus no wonder you are one happy photographer

Oh yes, that single image alone would be worth all the non-keepers for me.
Beautifully composed, exposed and timed.

Stunning shot Mike (y) makes all that time sat waiting for nothing all worth while :)

Many thanks for the kind comments everyone, it really was an incredible session.
Agree with all the comments above. What a great shot. From a hide or pure chance???
Hi Jerry. Found out some of the birds favourite perches and set up in the bushes under cover of darkness. It just happened to land on the closest one!

The migration's been under way for a while so I guess this will be some of the last birds now making their way south. A shot like that would be the highlight of my life too. It must have been a priviledge to watch.
Yes there are three Ospreys at this site, all juveniles Janny. Last weeks storms look to have halted their migration and they have hung around ever since.

Many thanks for the kind comments everyone, it really was an incredible session.

Hi Jerry. Found out some of the birds favourite perches and set up in the bushes under cover of darkness. It just happened to land on the closest one!

Yes there are three Ospreys at this site, all juveniles Janny. Last weeks storms look to have halted their migration and they have hung around ever since.

Absolutely stunning again. You must have some amazing out-takes as well........

Superb Mike, amazing set (y)

ALL fantastic images! #1 is a real wall-hanger/front cover shot. Wonderful. :cool:

I also really like the `preening` shot. It has a menacing feel to it. (Edward scissor hands? :D )

Thanks again everyone.

"Boo Hoo..." Crap....

I do apologise Mark ;)

ALL fantastic images! #1 is a real wall-hanger/front cover shot. Wonderful. :cool:

I also really like the `preening` shot. It has a menacing feel to it. (Edward scissor hands? :D )

I thought that too, like it was sharpening its feathers.

Late to the party here Mike, but had to chime in to say these are an absolute joy to view. I've honestly never seen such quality wild Osprey shots from the UK - poses, techs, presentation, all spot on, hope you're sending some off to get printed. Real top notch work

Mike

Back