Osprey with Roach ( new pic added today)

Just read how you obtained them Mike hats off again besides my love of the first one the others just excellent too, your effort really has been rewarded

It would be hard to pick a favourite Mike but this has to be close, simply stunning! (y)

It would be hard to pick a favourite Mike but this has to be close, simply stunning! (y)
Thanks Phil. I think its the tail on the Roach moving that does it for me as it shows its struggling being a fresh kill. I have always had a `thing` for predators and to watch and capture one in pics hunt and feed is something very special.

Another cracking shot Mike, what raises it above others is that you put the work in to get it, rather than paying for the privilege !!!
Thanks Ron. I always prefer to do my own thing rather than these `pay and shoot` places. I always feel that they are not really your shots but the persons that originally set it all up. Much more satisfying when you get results from your own hard work and I enjoy the planning and fieldcraft needed just as much as taking the images to be honest :)

Superb, I am so impressed by the exposure you have obtained in these images, the white feather and the fish's underbelly ... spot on. :clap:

May I ask what lens you are using?

Last edited:
Thanks. It is the Sigma 150-600mm Contemporary at 500mm. Its pin sharp also at 600mm but could barely get all the bird in the frame at that focal length.

I am amazed, the combination is truly responding well to your obvious skill.

I am amazed, the combination is truly responding well to your obvious skill.
And also this Hare which was at 1/100th sec handheld to show how well the OS works. It really is a quality lens and I have had several friends sell their Canon `L` series to get one believe it or not.

Brown Hare by Mike Warburton Photography, on Flickr

It certainly is capable of getting great detail in the shots, maybe I should give it a look!
Did you use the dock to do any tuning?

It certainly is capable of getting great detail in the shots, maybe I should give it a look!
Did you use the dock to do any tuning?
There is very little you can do really unless a firmware update comes out. As mine was already updated and was sharp right out of the box I only set the `Custom 1 ` setting on the lens itself to the faster AF and better OS.

Amazing photos. Nice and sharp.

Just some of the most incredible pictures I've ever seen.

Fab Fab Fab..

Hadn't seen these despite searching for Sigma 150-600 contemporary on the forum over last few weeks as I'm thinking of getting one for my Yellowstone/Grand Teton's trip next year - absolutely stunning pics Mike - you might have made my mind up for me

What superb shots. It''s lifted my heart again, Mike. I've just bought that lens. Gramps suggested it to me and told me to look at some of your photos taken with it. Much better than reading reviews.It was these Osprey shots I first looked at then your Flickr pages. Went to Jessops the next day..:D

I haven't had a chance to use it yet,only had it just over a week and my A1 Servo has developed a focus point fault.

Hadn't seen these despite searching for Sigma 150-600 contemporary on the forum over last few weeks as I'm thinking of getting one for my Yellowstone/Grand Teton's trip next year - absolutely stunning pics Mike - you might have made my mind up for me

David..,I think Mike should be on commission from Sigma…:D As mentioned above, I got mine at Jessops.On offer at £699. I see it's back to £789 now but £699 with several well known companies.The Contemporary model. https://pricespy.co.uk/product.php?p=2800051

Last edited:
My sincere apolgies as I havent been on here for a while. Thank you again for all the kind words.
Happy to help and I hope you are as pleased with it as I am :)
What superb shots. It''s lifted my heart again, Mike. I've just bought that lens. Gramps suggested it to me and told me to look at some of your photos taken with it. Much better than reading reviews.It was these Osprey shots I first looked at then your Flickr pages. Went to Jessops the next day..:D
I hope you are as happy as I am with it. Quite a few of my friends have bought the Sigma after selling their 100-400mm `L` series and are very happy with the results.

David..,I think Mike should be on commission from Sigma…:D As mentioned above, I got mine at Jessops.On offer at £699. I see it's back to £789 now but £699 with several well known companies.The Contemporary model. https://pricespy.co.uk/product.php?p=2800051

Ha, I wish lol :)

Back