Wild Ospreys.

I think the close cropped images have more impact, but people will moan you've clipped the wings (which was deliberate)
The 3rd image is one of a selection showing the full wingspan of these amazing birds.

You've caught some cracking action there Dave, if you want to clip the wings to show the action then no problem - they're your shots.

Just a little extra care in PP will really benefit all the time and money you spent on these, a little sharpening of the subject and some NR to the background works wonders for me - and it'll look much better done on your original than what I've done

IMG_2306-RP.jpg

Mike

You've caught some cracking action there Dave, if you want to clip the wings to show the action then no problem - they're your shots.

Just a little extra care in PP will really benefit all the time and money you spent on these, a little sharpening of the subject and some NR to the background works wonders for me - and it'll look much better done on your original than what I've done

View attachment 249730

Mike
Thank you - I haven't edited these at all. They were shot at very high ISO (12,800) in order to get a fast enough shutter speed to freeze the action.

Out of interest what software do you use to remove any noise?

Back