Other London

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
There's a photo-project I want to attempt sometime, where I walk & cycle into central London from the outskirts, photographing the stuff below bridges and down embankments as I go - other London.

Consider this a start. A couple of weeks back I had to visit the Austrian embassy to get my passport renewed, and on the way back was able to grab this from the coach, benefitting from the extra height. This place is just below the A40 western avenue, near the turning down to Shepherds bush and White city, and not so far from Grenfell - a little microcosm tucked away below normal viewing level. The processing is fairly extreme, but y'know, it's pretty decayed down there and this style fits in my mind.

Other London by Toni Ertl, on Flickr

C&C welcome

A interesting challenge, Looking out of the windows of a train approaching the capital you often see similar views.

A interesting challenge, Looking out of the windows of a train approaching the capital you often see similar views.

I grew up in London, and have a lot of affection for scenes like this - it's the kind of place I loved to play as a kid, and I would miss it if these places were cleaned up & moved on, even though I'd not want to live beside one.

Back