Otter and pup, Brecon Beacons

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally,after months of waiting last years Otter pup has emerged from the natal holt at my site. I briefly saw it last week but only had chance to go down this weekend to capture some interraction with the parent bitch. An amazing session that I will never forget as the pup was taught to hunt in the shallows by lifting the rocks for bottom feeding Fish, sometimes just 15 feet away! The bitch caught the Fish and brought it ashore for the pup to eat which is why its pulling such a face :)

Canon 70d, Sigma 150-600mm `C`, Slik pro 780DX tripod

Otter and pup by Mike Warburton Photography, on Flickr

Thanks for the sweet pleasure, Mike.
I love those guys! (y):cool:

Awesome Mike, lovely creatures. Challenging light by the looks but you've nailed them, razor sharp. (y)

Fab shot!

Many thanks everyone for the comments and likes.
Awesome Mike, lovely creatures. Challenging light by the looks but you've nailed them, razor sharp. (y)
Thanks Dale and I am Welsh so used to working in grim light lol. 1/80th sec and an iso of 1600 so not great when shooting at 600mm. That Slik though is rock solid!
Excellent capture you certainly had their full attention.:clap:
Cheers Chris and believe it or not they didnt even know I was there. They almost passed within touching distance at one point as I was in camo amongst a fallen tree.

Many thanks everyone for the comments and likes.

Thanks Dale and I am Welsh so used to working in grim light lol. 1/80th sec and an iso of 1600 so not great when shooting at 600mm. That Slik though is rock solid!

Lol, I'm Welsh too and yes, it can be grim. It's grim here In Ayrshire too, a different kind of grim (just like the midges are a different kind of midge), but still grim, most of the time. When it's not grim, it's midgey instead. :LOL:

Back