Otter enjoying his lunch

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Imagine my surprise, when packing up after a sunset at Elgol on the Isle of Skye, when I heard an almighty screech up, like two cats fighting, for two otters jumping out of Loch Scavaig onto the rocks fighting over lobster lunch. One took off, whilst I was glad the other stayed until I got chance to switch lenses and got a few shots.

Otter at Elgol by Martin Steele, on Flickr

I agree, just tweaked it. It was taken 2 and a half years ago. Might dig out the original files and see what can be done better now with more PP experience :)

Otter 2 by Martin Steele, on Flickr

Better @gramps ? :)

It's too blue though

Roger is right!

If the shot has any reason to show blue hour light conditions and these
are an important part of the story then let it be.

But in this case, this blue feature brings not much, IMO, to the viewing
pleasure!

Better Martin but it still has some serious blue 'staining' ... I would do an Auto WB in ACR to get a starting point, it looks much more realistic then :)

Will post the results later

Martin, I don't consider this as an empty promise…
when it comes to otters, this is serious business!

Fantastic opportunist capture and the last shot with the adjustments works a treat and looks much better :)

lovely shot

I love otters anyway so i'd prob like a blurry picture of one, but this one is spot on :)

I never tire of seeing Otters and this is no exception. Really very good and a great capture.

Lovely shot one I'd love to recreate! Looks like it had expensive taste ;)

Smashing action shot ... the action of enjoying a Lobster lunch. Not keen on the re-edits. The original has the light. The re-edits introduce a processed feel that seems less natural, tho' I get why you went that way.

Back