Otter, River Usk

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Been working an Otter site for a while now to try and get some sort of idea of their routine in order to get pics. This one uses these rocks on which to spraint around the same time every day and I was hoping to get a shot of one `mid-spraint` which I did here. Grim light meant a high iso but very pleased with this as river Otters are difficult to photograph around here.
Been hoping to go back again very soon but the Ospreys kept me away :)

Otter sprainting by Mike Warburton Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Are you able to tell me the rough area of this Mike if you don't mind me asking? I've been trawling up and down the river and the Taff in Cardiff for some time now and not been able to see any.

Thats a great capture Mike, I have found otters very elusive and never managed a decent picture.

More nice work Mike. From a tech point of view I'd suggest a little more sharpening would help, but the actual shot is lovely, a nice eye level POV and the look thats letting you know you've been spotted!

Mike

Thanks everyone.
Are you able to tell me the rough area of this Mike if you don't mind me asking? I've been trawling up and down the river and the Taff in Cardiff for some time now and not been able to see any.
Apologies Tim but as its a breeding site I cant. Hope you understand. If I could message you somehow I would be happy to point you in the direction of some other sites.
More nice work Mike. From a tech point of view I'd suggest a little more sharpening would help, but the actual shot is lovely, a nice eye level POV and the look thats letting you know you've been spotted!

Mike
I could but it would increase the noise levels and I hate noise lol.

I think I must follow you on twitter.. I’m positive I saw this exact shot on there yesterday.

Great capture

Andy.

Thanks everyone.

Apologies Tim but as its a breeding site I cant. Hope you understand. If I could message you somehow I would be happy to point you in the direction of some other sites.

I could but it would increase the noise levels and I hate noise lol.

Totally understandable about the breeding site. Wouldn't want to risk disturbing these beauties. I have sent you a message via flickr. Hope thats okay.

"Cracking" shot Sir, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Back