Ouch!

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Just so I can get off the newbie starting blocks, here's one of my favourites from late summer 2007.
Feel free to poke fun at my efferts should you wish!

naughty.jpg

Not a big fan of Dragon flies then!:D

Nice capture. Great detail in the wing. Shame the front eye isn't in focus though.

Nice capture. Great detail in the wing. Shame the front eye isn't in focus though.

Yes, that is a bit odd.
When I examine the picture though, it appears the eye should be in a plane of sharpe focus ie, one of the legs behind the eye appears to be sharp as does some of my finger which is in front of the eye.
One of lifes great (or not so) mysteries I suppose!

I'm just as impressed that you managed to get the little chap to pose on your (?) finger as I am with the photo :)

.... maybe it blinked! Great shot though.

I have a feeling it was recently hatched, I say this as I think this type of dragon is customarily blue.
I think the body colour changes as they dry their wings!

Cracking first photo to post up with! :)
Tis a shame about that plane of focus though.

Just being brave enough to offer my finger up for one of these is enough guts to deserve a :clap: from me :)

how did you get it to land on your finger? is it your finger? do they sting/bite? i love dragonflies and i love your shot. :)

great photo, was that out the camera or a crop?
Would also be interested in the type of set up you used to get it. E.g. I'm sure it wasn't taken with you holding the camera in your other hand?

They can bite although it's un-common for people to be mauled.
Whilst I could spin a yarn about charming it out of the skies, what actually happened was:
I could hear something rustling in the undergrowth and on investigation discovered this little chappie.
I was trying to clear away some of the foliage when it decided to hold on to my finger.
You can probably guess the rest!

great photo, was that out the camera or a crop?
Would also be interested in the type of set up you used to get it. E.g. I'm sure it wasn't taken with you holding the camera in your other hand?

The shot is hand held in full auto with a Nikon D200 and 18-70 kit lens.
The camera is in my right hand and the creature is at arms length.
It is the best of about 30 frames so lady luck played a fair part in this.

Can I thank you all for taking the time to comment BTW.

That's more of a kiss than a bite :LOL: They can be quite friendly can't they?

Hello Portsmouth man, thanks for looking.

First class shot, that is a top notch photo.:clap::clap::clap:

Awww! how cute, did it say 'mommy!!!!' :LOL:

Great shot these are my fav subject never had one land on my finger tho
they wont bite BTW
Pete

Thanks for the encouragement all!

Back