Oulton Park British GTs, 2019

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
A lovely day at Oulton Park on Monday, certainly much nicer weather-wise than last year when it just threw it down all day.

proc_IMGP2281.jpgproc_IMGP2361..jpgproc_IMGP2430..jpg

I had some focus issues at Lodge as I'm trying to focus through the wire netting at an angle, while also trying to not catch the rescue van in the background.

As always, any comments or critique welcome.

#3 is the best of these for me, although I'd be tempted to crop it a bit tighter to lose the warning sign at the bottom of the frame. Focusing through the fence is always a pain, and there seems to be more and more fencing going up around Oulton Park now.

The fencing doesn't help with that Lodge shot, I lost a few due to focus hunting there as well.
The second shot has come out well and shows the racing element nicely.

Thanks for the critique. I wondered about cropping, but I didn't want to lose too much of the space around them. I saw a few extra bits of fencing around, though I don't think any of it was where I was standing. I did move a little further down the bank at Lodge, but the wire netting effect is much worse due to the angle. Pity, as I could have lost the rescue van more easily. Looking again at the first image, it's a bit soft.

I've only been to Oulton a couple of times but struggled myself at Lodge, not really been able to nail the shot i've had in my head due to the fencing. Can't imagine the bright conditions helped much, especially if any sunlight reflecting of the fence.
#2 the pick for me to, showcases the stark contrast in GT4 machinery perfectly

Can't imagine the bright conditions helped much, especially if any sunlight reflecting of the fence.

It wasn't so much the reflections of the fence as some of the bright colours and fluorescent bits on some of the cars. I had a lot of trouble with the bands across the top of the windscreen on some cars, and I've seen echoes of it to a lesser extent in some other images from the same day. I like the viewpoint at Lodge, but there are limitations with the fence that I just have to accept for that view. I'd have done a few more from the inside but it was quite busy there. I've got quite a few photos that are quite good, but someone popped their head up just at the wrong time. I was also trying to stay in the shade a bit, hence no photos from the far end of the circuit where I sometimes get some decent stuff.

Back