Oulton Park Gold Cup

Some great captures / shots - was the Quattro sounding as good as last year ?

Gutted I couldn't get there this year, was looking forward to seeing some of the old F1 cars...

Some nice shots, I'll have to avoid those cars when I post mine later on, which is a pity as I had a nice clear pan of the third one. Interesting to see on two and four that you have a similar result to a lot of my pans, where part of the vehicle is pin-sharp but others bits a little fuzzy.
I recall seeing a purple-ish Audi coupe floating about, might that have been yours? I could only see the top half so no idea whether it was an S2 or not.

Post them all, I'd be interested to see your results on the same cars. The 7D has a lot more auto-focus modes compared to the 450D and I've not tried them all yet. I took these using centre point focus, but I think you can use a cluster of points which might help get all the car in focus.

I'll stick some up later when I've finished cropping and so on. That 'Thursdays' car was quite photogenic. I didn't do many of the Cobra simply because it was there last year and I figured I'd just get the same shots all over again, in fact looking at a lot of mine they're very similar.

I used a mix of either manual focus (that is, autofocus on the point of the shot and then turn to manual) or single-point AF. I asked for some critique on my panning earlier in the year on another site and the manual focus thing came up, as did turning off shake reduction as I don't have the option to only turn it off horizontally.

I put a few up on another thread - I don't have one of the Morgan at all, which must mean it was sufficiently blurred that I deleted it. My Cobra isn't really any different to yours here, and I couldn't get a decent panning shot on the rally stage so most of my quattros look as if they're stood still.

Back