our first enquiry about going on a cruise

Name
Bazza
Edit My Images
Yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first time we decided to go on a cruise we went into a travel agents to make enquiries. The nice gentleman asked what we were interested in, I felt a touch of the giggles coming on
icon_wink.gif

I said we were thinking of going on a cruise, so he said "Anywhere in particular"

That really got me to withhold a huge grin with difficulty

I replied with a straight face " we would prefer it to be on the water"

The girl at the back of the office nearly fell of her chair laughing so much, she absolutely creased up.

even he had to admit he had not heard that one before

Sorry but he left himself wide open to my kind of wit

Last edited:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first time we decided to go on a cruise we went into a travel agents to make enquiries. The nice gentleman asked what we were interested in, I felt a touch of the giggles coming on
icon_wink.gif

I said we were thinking of going on a cruise, so he said "Anywhere in particular"

That really got me to withhold a huge grin with difficulty

I replied with a straight face " we would prefer it to be on the water"

f wit
Like a cruise missile?

even he had to admit he had not heard that one before

And you believed him? :)

Dave

Presumably this all happened in 1957? ;);)

You have lost me completely. I used to work the Epsom area with BT by the way, a long time from 1972 t0 1993 ago. Bet things have changed a lot since then

Last edited:
You have lost me completely. I used to work the Epsom area with BT by the way, a long time from 1972 t0 1993 ago. Bet things have changed a lot since then

It was supposed to be a joke. ;)

I worked for BT too, but retired a fair while back. I was based in West London, worked in the exchange power maintenance side of things, air conditioning, power supplies etc etc.

i was a switchboard installer/fitter and at the time fitted a fair few in and around Epsom out as far as Bookham .Also when called worked on Wimbledon area as far as Wandsworth/ Putney
Those 5 Victorian mental hospitals in Epsom were something else, we had to work in pairs for our protection

Last edited:
i was a switchboard installer/fitter and at the time fitted a fair few in and around Epsom out as far as Bookham .Also when called worked on Wimbledon area as far as Wandsworth/ Putney
Those 5 Victorian mental hospitals in Epsom were something else, we had to work in pairs for our protection
Those hospitals are all gone now. Well, the actual buildings are mostly still there but they’ve been sold off and converted into flats. Sign of the times I suppose.

Back