Our Street Manchester Bad Weather

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
The night before last we had loads of rain thunder and lightening about 10.30pm I stopped watching law and order and tried to get a photo of the lightening. Sky was lite up all over the place but not where I was aiming the camera it were very cloudy too.
So no luck :-( Anyways about the same time last night I heard a touch of thunder so I quickly got the camera out. I set the camera up, no bad weather as yet, pressed the shutter as a test exsposure and out of nowhere a bolt of lightening struck.
That was it we never had a big storm like the night before didnt even any rain. So allthough I was not set up properly and had not taken this type of photo before, it's not the best but I was chufffed to capture something :)

Gaz

All comments/crit is most welcomed.
light_web.jpg

A great capture of the lightning in the background.

Its a shame that the rest looks a bit busy. You've got flare off the street lights too

Right moment. Wrong location comes to mind but still a good effort.

nice capture - if only you had a flux capacitor to hand
:)

A great capture of the lightning in the background.

Its a shame that the rest looks a bit busy. You've got flare off the street lights too

Right moment. Wrong location comes to mind but still a good effort.
Hi Tony. Yep we have a busy little street great for parking :)

What I didnt notice at the time was the guy sat on the wall bottom right on his mobile. He walks up and down the street every night on his phone "thing he calls his folks back home". I let on to him most days and he nods back, he his one of a few guys that rent a property a few doors down from us.

Gaz

Back