Out again on the Estuary

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
Making me envious with all these avocets, Les.
Lovely shot. (y)
I think that I am in the other camp re the crop. if the trailing line was not there, then usual crop of more space to the RHS, but that line needs to be kept as it adds so much to the shot for me - so different, almost abstract.

I was not suggesting a crop of the LHS but adding more 'fill canvas' to the RHS..............the current composition to me looked like it could benefit from just a tad more negative space for the bird to enter ;)

It is a cracker, one of your best I think. I'm with BB, a bit more to the RHS. (y)

That should go on your wall Les.
Making me envious with all these avocets, Les.
Lovely shot. (y)
I think that I am in the other camp re the crop. if the trailing line was not there, then usual crop of more space to the RHS, but that line needs to be kept as it adds so much to the shot for me - so different, almost abstract.
That's a belter Les
Wow - just wow!
Les, what can I possibly say?

Russ :)
Cracking shot,Les. It has me wondering what you're going to present us with next.
Perfect timing Les, cracking shot (y)
Excellent shot Les....

Thank you all for such nice comments- here's an edited verion - Yes/No?

I got this shot by laying flat on my face on an old camping blanket with a waterproof backing :)

mEp4sB8.jpg

Les :)

Hmmmm! yes, the initial one is preferable..........compared to the second version..........but, though this is very a personal view, an expansion of canvas might still look better, just not as much ~ I did say not too much and avoid making it too central ;)

My thinking is still along the lines of - the initial image has 'tension' because of the RHS space but a slight(?) RHS expansion would give the negative space more effect of anticipation :thinking: ;):)

I have to admit, the first sits better as things stand. I think just a squidge more space to the right of the original would be better, even so.

Hmmmm! yes, the initial one is preferable..........compared to the second version..........but, though this is very a personal view, an expansion of canvas might still look better, just not as much ~ I did say not too much and avoid making it too central ;)

My thinking is still along the lines of - the initial image has 'tension' because of the RHS space but a slight(?) RHS expansion would give the negative space more effect of anticipation :thinking: ;):)
I have to admit, the first sits better as things stand. I think just a squidge more space to the right of the original would be better, even so.

Thanks guys how's this ??? It is my intention to print and hang this image - soon as we get the size /crop right :LOL::LOL::LOL:

M2bihxv.jpg

Les :)

I do agree Dale - very subjective- I am printing the last one on a 30 x12 canvas mate :)

Don't forget many TP'ers have had Ben @Tradecanvasprint print their canvases and 'we' get 10% discount.... what's not to like.

PS I have yet to buy a canvas from him but I have been very happy with my Giclee prints :)

Back