Out for the Count!

Stunning set of images I love the crab spider shots

Brilliant. #3 is top notch Neil.
Paul.
Many thanks Paul, was a really interesting battle to watch but quite hard to shoot as the crab spider was often hidden behind the overfly.

Terrific images. I particularly like the clarity and detail of the last four, although the first three are the most arresting to my eye. They all look great seen big over at Flickr.
Thanks Nick, the first 3 shots definitely look better in a larger format.

Excellent set... #7 looks very familiar :eek:
Amazing detail and lighting in all and detail is of the chart (y)

Cheers Bryn, there are so many Green orb spiders about, at times that is all I can find in my own garden! I will have to spend more time down my mums as all bar the orb spider were shot within an hour at my mums yesterday afternoon after struggling for an hour in my own garden!

Both sets for me Neil are "Excellent", from the detail to the lighting and composition.(y)

George.

I'm not keen on flies and spiders at the best of times but at this enlargement and quality where you can easily see individual hairs I like them less! I love the composition and detail on the bee, No 6 and was surprised to see you were using a 60mm lens with 36mm extension tube you must have been right up beside them on the flower.
Great work.

Both sets for me Neil are "Excellent", from the detail to the lighting and composition.(y)
George.

Thanks George, much appreciated

I'm not keen on flies and spiders at the best of times but at this enlargement and quality where you can easily see individual hairs I like them less! I love the composition and detail on the bee, No 6 and was surprised to see you were using a 60mm lens with 36mm extension tube you must have been right up beside them on the flower. Great work.

Thanks Derek, yes they were all up close, the Bee's were probably 5" from the lens.

Back