Outer Hebrides

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
A few pics from my annual pilgrimage to the Outer Hebrides.
It's a holiday first and foremost with a couple of pictures along the way.

Dail Mor. It's this beach where a massive oil rig ran aground last September as it was being towed away for scrap. Missed that event by a week, would have been a fantastic photo opportunity.
We always end the holiday with two or three days here to wind down before going home.

Dail Mor by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

The rocky coastline around Borve with Taransay in the background. I might have got the van bogged down here. :D

Taransay by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

Garry Beach, Tolsta.

Traigh Ghearadha, Tolsta by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

The Old Post Office, Manish.
It's the character of the islands I love the most, this typifies the islands for me. You don't get rust this colour anywhere else. :)

Manish Post Office by Scott Robertson, on Flickr

The last for me - the splash of orange of the tin roof is really nice as is the composition it really leads you through the image. Great set

Lovely images.
On the subject of just, there's a beach in Iceland where a Grimsby trawler ran aground 70 years ago and it's been rusting to bits on the beach ever since. The beach is black pebble as it under Snaesjokull volcano. Very red rust indeed.

Very nice set, the first is excellent IMHO, I have an oil painting of a wave that is not dissimilar to that

I really like these. Thanks :)

Thoroughly enjoyed this set, the first is prefect in my book - lovely detail and atmosphere.............nice.

Love those Scott, I'm a regular visitor to the Hebrides and it's an amazing place. headed up to the Uists in a couple of weeks but it's to shoot an event.

Agree with the others, the first shot is absolutely superb. If I'm allowed one tiny nitpick, I think the vignette on the top of the Tolsta stack is a bit overpowering, especially as it's overlapping the rock on top right. That's a personal thing, though.

Really like the post office Scott, the colours of the roof and grass really compliment each other. Not sure I've ever seen an image of the Garry beach stack and that little tree (?) sprouting out and enjoying the views. Makes me want to be there again, right now.
Looking forward to the ICMs please :naughty:

Excellent atmospheric shots. No1 is particularly impressive with it's brooding sky. I would have preferred a little bit less movement in the water, but that is merely personal taste (y)

Big thumbs up for the first one. Love the colours.

I think maybe the last one is cropped a little too much on the right hand edge, might be better with the water not being cutoff by the rocks/seaweed near the vertical centre, or may be not.

Pete

The first is my fave then the second

Thanks again guys.

Not sure I've ever seen an image of the Garry beach stack and that little tree (?) sprouting out and enjoying the views.
Looking forward to the ICMs please :naughty:

Lots of people have mentioned the little tree on top the stack. It's an ugly hogweed instead.
Careful what you look forward to, ICM's are like Marmite. :D

Yes, the first is spectacular but the
whole set is very cool in my book!

Excellent set, moody and dramatic (y)

Can't believe I missed this. A superb set.

1. Love the composition, especially focal length used, and wave movement. Detraction for me is the darkening of the rocks top right hand side.

2, 3 and 4 can't be improved. Excellent, particularly 2.

Back