Overlooking Hawkshead

Name
Si
Edit My Images
Yes
Another from a recent family trip to the Lakes. This was a quick grab shot taken from the side of the road before we caused too much of a queue. The sun suddenly lit up the landscape as it appeared from behind a cloud and I couldn't resist stopping the car and grabbing a couple of shots

Overlooking Autumnal Hawkshead by Simon Lundbeck, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely image ,

Lovely image with some very nice light and colours.

Gorgeous photo. Spent many a walk in that area with a relatives holiday home in Hawkshead village near the church. What’s not to love about 4 pubs in one of the smallest villages ;)

That’s really nice. I would however crop quite a bit from the left side as it’s not really adding anything to the composition, the action is all on the right but that brightly lit field distracts the eye a bit. Excellent though, beautiful light and well seen.

Lovely image with some very nice light and colours.

Thanks Dale : )

Gorgeous photo. Spent many a walk in that area with a relatives holiday home in Hawkshead village near the church. What’s not to love about 4 pubs in one of the smallest villages ;)

Thanks Tom, not spent a lot of time in the area except for the occasional family trip to Hill Top, but I'll definitely be going back for a better look around - that sounds like my sort of density of pubs!

That’s really nice. I would however crop quite a bit from the left side as it’s not really adding anything to the composition, the action is all on the right but that brightly lit field distracts the eye a bit. Excellent though, beautiful light and well seen.

Thanks and good to get a different take on the framing, I'll take a look... I'd been mostly been playing around with the crop on the RHS of the image

That is a lovely image - agree with the comment above about cropping the left side out.

Dave.

Thanks for the feedback Dave, I'm still playing around with the crop on this one - I've taken a bit of the LHS but I've not settled on it yet

Proves the value of seeing a shot and acting swiftly upon it - lovely shot

I disagree with the crop idea, that stripe on the field left merely needs toning down a fair bit for me, and a slight vignette would help the central area 'pop' a bit more :)

Dave

Thanks Dave, the above is actually the slightly cropped version (haven't been keeping a history of the versions on Flickr). Fair point about toning down the field on the LHS - It's looks much better with that taken down 1/3 stop and you're right - a slight vignette works too!

Thanks folks for the words of advice/encouragement : )

Last edited:
Back